Elder Scrolls Online Using Subscription Fees

billyro

GW2 relies too heavily on having large numbers of players, on quiet servers some parts of the game become near impossible. As for ESO, no thanks, take away the mods and Bethesdas games are crap.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really hate when i hear things like this about GW2. i havent been on in a long time, probably a year or more. i always planned on returning to it, but if its dead, then thats no fun. i loved when the game started up having a bunch of people around. but even while i was playing, i noticed things started to die out around level 50. i always tried to complete the daily objectives, but the group missions were starting to take longer to complete because less people seemed to be around. i thought at the time, it just might have been the time of night i was playing.

to hear its dieing down already is saddening. i loved seeing a bunch of other people around. the big giant raid bosses of the world (the ones you can do at low level) would be impossible......this is sadly the fate that happened to SWTOR, which when i played in the Beta, was a blast, but the servers died, and the community driven MMO it was, became impossible and/or extremely boring, because no one was around.

I am actually ok with it. So many "free to play" games are complete s#*! and they nickel and dime you to death for everything...want more bank space? Buy some gems. Want to get more xp? Buy some gems. Want to be able to make another toon? Buy some freaking gems.

I will buy it and try it as my bar for gaming isn't near as high as some folks here and I have been waiting to play with my friends in Tamriel for a long time. I am a RPer at heart and can find fun pretty much anywhere. I don't go through content like my arse is on fire. I take my time and enjoy things. If its a decent game and I play it..it entertains me..then I will pay for it. I mean that is like a saturday night movie ticket anymore. $14 if you played the game and had fun for even 10 hrs a week would be worth it. So I will try it. If I have fun then it is worth the 14 bucks and I am not currently paying for any MMOs at the moment. Usually a sub fee will keep more butts away anyway that just come and play a new game cause they can.

If it isn't fun and I a not enjoying it then I won't play it and won't pay it. Its not like you have to pay months in advance. Besides I pride myself in being willing to try everything once...

I am actually ok with it. So many "free to play" games are complete s*** and they nickel and dime you to death for everything...want more bank space? Buy some gems. Want to get more xp? Buy some gems. Want to be able to make another toon? Buy some freaking gems.

I will buy it and try it as my bar for gaming isn't near as high as some folks here and I have been waiting to play with my friends in Tamriel for a long time. I am a RPer at heart and can find fun pretty much anywhere. I don't go through content like my arse is on fire. I take my time and enjoy things. If its a decent game and I play it..it entertains me..then I will pay for it. I mean that is like a saturday night movie ticket anymore. $14 if you played the game and had fun for even 10 hrs a week would be worth it. So I will try it. If I have fun then it is worth the 14 bucks and I am not currently paying for any MMOs at the moment. Usually a sub fee will keep more butts away anyway that just come and play a new game cause they can.

If it isn't fun and I a not enjoying it then I won't play it and won't pay it. Its not like you have to pay months in advance. Besides I pride myself in being willing to try everything once...

Yep, same here. I'm going to at least try it. DAoC was sub based and it was awesome! And having a sub will also help keep the population a little more mature.

Lis, about that last sentence.... :D *wink wink, nudge nudge. :wink:

About GW2, I'm not so sure the population on the servers are gone, though I'm sure there has been some reduction since release, but rather there aren't as many players in zones that are lower than 80 leveled. Unless the new content that comes out bimonthly happens to be there.

@billyro, what about those that like both? Oh wait, I know, we're Super Cool, rather than just cool. :p

Edited by lonewolf_kai

yea thats just poopy to hear about GW2. i was thinking about going back soon and starting up a new character (id be a little lost going back to my lvl 55) but if its dead at low level, then i guess there is no point :/

@Lonewolf...*know what I mean?*

hah

I haven't really been on GW in a bit other than to check in but that is not because the game..it's me. However I don't know what dead means since there seems to be plenty of folks hanging out when I log on. But maybe they aren't really doing anything other than hanging out at the bank?

Really though..with the 30 free days...*shrug* I expect that a new game will have issues. I expect that I won't be pleased or agree with everything. However this is NOT Tes VI....people need to remember that. Many Tes fans aren't MMO fans. I love my single-player games too. But I am willing to give it a try..perhaps more than one try as they will need time to grow. I just want to punch folks in the throat that get on a game and are like, "Well I am level 206 and did all the content by running through it in 2 days and not reading any books or quest or exploring and killed at the people in PvP already and this game is broke and it suxs..." You know that type. Then they go and run their curseholes on every forum they visit and people are dumb enough to listen and not even try it or look into it or anything. Then the game slowly dies as people won't give it a chance or give the developers a chance to even correct things that can be.

It isn't going to be for everyone and heck, it may be a tightly-wadded pile of dog poo. But I will find out on my own, in my own way and I hope at least a few of you guys and gals will be there to play with me at least long enough to try it out. You'd be surprised how fun even a lackluster game can be when you have a great RP character. *not so subtle hint*

yea the worst thing for MMOs is those types of players. usually the ones that played WoW for 10 years. they hop into a new game, get to max level in 2 days, then beach and complain that there is no End Game Content (at which point they usually compare it to WoW) tell other players not to try it because of the lack of end game content, to which other MMOers, even those whom play slower, listen to and decide not to get it, or do, but still rag on the game and blah.

i can honestly say, end game content never phases me, because ive never reached the end game in an MMO...only got to lvl 46 in WoW (right before Cata) got to level 21 in SWTOR (not sure of the level cap?), got to level 25 in Champions Online (out of 40) and to level 52? in GW2. this is because the creation of new characters excites me more then sticking to one character. i like to try all the starting classes and races, and their abilities and starting areas and etc. i go "ooh i wanna try this and this and this, etc" so by the time i finally find a class/race combo that i like, im usually bored with the game because ive spent so much playing just the first 5-10 levels over and over lol. plus, when it takes over a day just to gain a level (for a normal player such as myself), as opposed to the several i was gaining earlier, thats also when i lose interest, but this is the nature of MMOs.

US$15 a month seems a bit steep to me. I think I'll hold off for a while - maybe it will come down. If not, oh well. I actually prefer single player anyway.

Hey Zenimax - would you rather have 100,000 players at $15/Month or 1,000,000 players at $5/month? You will actually make far more at $5 - it's called law of diminishing returns. Any ecomnomist can explain it to you.