Old mod breaks existing saves when removed... help?

MeteorJunk

I was a little stupid alright? I had used this mod on my Xbox a few years back and I never had any problems when enabling and disabling it. Obviously, PC version of Fallout 4 won't be as stable when using mods but I never suspected it would have a problem now if it didn't then. So I install it... I have it for a little while, but recently I kind of thought it wasn't really all that good, and it actually kind of ruins legendaries. Tried to uninstall it, got back into the game, and just 4 minutes later when I tried to save the game crashed. It did this a few times before I went to the mod page to see what the hell is up. As it turns out, this guy hadn't updated the mod since 2017, hadn't been active on his account since 2017, and the mod I was using was made all the way back in 2016. He did have a newer version of the mod up, but he didn't bother to fix the old mod that apparently corrupts saves if removed. Gonna be honest with you, I am an idiot when it comes to modding, but a few of these comments have said it was because of scripts or something along those lines. Now I have to use this shitty mod or the save I have put over a hundred hours in will be unplayable. Not exactly keen on asking for free labor from modders, especially when I can't pinpoint the problem myself, but it would certainly really help me and others who have had trouble with this if someone could create a patch that will allow you to uninstall it.

PS. the instructions for uninstallation don't work

link to the mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15959

The immediately preceding poster is correct. You cannot un-ring the bell. The save is corrupted and even if Resaver cleans up the save, more than likely the game will eventually bork. If you have a save right before deleting the mod, reinstall the mod you deleted and resume your game from that point. Depending on the mod, you may still be able to complete the game unless the deleted mod is simply not working with your load order.

Good luck.