Most ambitious / weird projects undertaken in Fallout 4

hucker75

Agreed in part. I consider VATS and fast transport (or whatever you call it) cheating. Power armour is a pest, I don't even use normal armour, my character is stark bollock naked, it adds some skill to the equation. Melee.... no that's boring, I don't use it all. I have a fully upgraded gun of every type and switch between them for variety, and the ability to have a nice supply of bullets.

• 3 weeks later...

2) Building a load of bridges / treetop trails throughout the entire commonwealth using a mobile workshop mod, then lining them with fusion reactors, streetlamps, and missile turrets.

This has been made much easier by this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/37658 which lets you put a workshop anywhere, by firing a special gun. So I can have a workshop network with one always in range. If I can't place an item, simply exit and re-enter the workshop, and it grabs the nearest one. You just have to be careful not to put them too close together, or they don't function, so if that happens, just load a save from before you placed it and try again. I also got https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41511 which lets you transfer stuff between all your workshops. Amazing how much junk my settlers have been grabbing that I can use to build bridges.

Edited by hucker75

Agreed in part. I consider VATS and fast transport (or whatever you call it) cheating. Power armour is a pest, I don't even use normal armour, my character is stark bollock naked, it adds some skill to the equation. Melee.... no that's boring, I don't use it all. I have a fully upgraded gun of every type and switch between them for variety, and the ability to have a nice supply of bullets.

I don't use VATS, as I simply don't like it. I do, however, use fast travel..... I get bored trudging thru the wasteland, over-encumbered, across half the map....

I completly agree!

I also don't use VATS or "fast travel" or PA.

I also don't use "armour", just regualr clothing.

I don't use VATS, as I simply don't like it. I do, however, use fast travel..... I get bored trudging thru the wasteland, over-encumbered, across half the map....

I love sprinting through wasteland. Infinite AP and infinite carry weight work wonders. And I don't consider those cheating, the carry weight just stops me having to run back and forth 50 times, I just assume that took place, and infinite AP is more realistic, I mean what human can withstand bullets but only sprint for 10 seconds?

I completly agree!

I also don't use VATS or "fast travel" or PA.

I also don't use "armour", just regualr clothing.

I don't even use clothing, my character is butt naked and well tanned.