Regarding recent romance mods

Sage3224

I just love the hypocrisy of there being 100s of mods on this site that turn canonically straight characters gay/bi and no has an issue. 1 mod does the opposite and it's literally the end of the world.

It's the same with the No Straight marriage and No Gay marriage mod.

You can not claim you want equality and then demand special treatment.

Changing fictional characters sexualies and fictional marriage norms are either ok or not.

It's this type of double standards that has causes the LGBTQ+ acceptance to plummet in recent years. You aren't helping the community, you're hurting it.

Edit: To add to what the poster above is saying, adding a LGBTQ+ and Hetro tag would help a lot.

I'll soon stop responding to this thread because I just keep repeating myself, but you and other users making this same argument are completely missing the point.

The problem isn't wanting to have your PC be completely straight or even turning gay characters straight. The latter is a very sensitive topic, but for the sake of not upsetting you all more I won't go into detail. There are mods on the Nexus that turn canonically gay characters straight, e.g. the 'Dorian Romance for Female Inquisitor' mod, which are still up after years. I think that is reasonable; it's absolutely not the type of mod I would use, but users living out their fantasies do not undermine the canon sexuality of a character. Those types of mods are also not necessarily made with ill intent in my opinion, and, yes, if mods turning straight characters gay exist, the opposite should be allowed too.

I think the same of 'straight Skyrim' mods. If you hate characters of the same sex hitting on you that much, it's your game and your choice. In fact, a mod like that was made in November, called 'Attraction'. Now, where does the difference lie with those two 'straight marriage' mods?

The intent.

All the afore mentioned mods are not made with ill intent, they are not made to offend people or stir up drama, they are merely users/authors adapting the game to their fantasies. Those two 'straight marriage' mods however, were very clearly made with ill intent. Both users had a clear history of controversial content; the first user also uploaded a mod which made two DEAD characters straight, and the other one uploaded mods that removed females from leveled lists and had an... interesting twitter history. Nexus is no place for 'joke' mods that are made to troll and offend people.

The 'gay marriage' and 'no straight marriage' mods were made in response to the straight one, and they were taken down as well. I suggest you read up on the Paradox of tolerance.

People will just abuse Freedom of Speech whenever they get the chance.

I also think most lack the Culture to have manners and be Nice with others.

Even Engine Fixes Author reacted with a ''Double Standards'' philosophy.

This whole situation doesn't have a side with ''Clean Intentions''

Its Hypocrisy and Corruption Mirrored on the Internet. All are Guilty!

An example:

An Author who was a Muslim was attacked months back because he changed an in-game location to have the Half Moon and generally introduced an Arabic/ Sarazen Concept for Redguards.

I know many will say ''Aha it was the Bad Christians'' just because they don't like Christians not because they really care at all.

An Author who created the DCR King Crusdader set was attacked months back because he introduces some sort of Gothic like crosses in the Crusader Outfit.

I know many will say ''Aha it was Muslims'' just because they don't like Muslims not because they really care at all.

Same thing is happening with the current situation.

An Author creates LGBT content and gets attacked. Many will like that because they don't like LGBT.

An Author creates Straight only content and gets called a Homophobe. Many like it because they want everyone to accept it by force.

Same thing happened during US Elections

Imagine how it would turn out if Left vs Right Wind Mods were allowed

The point is, Humans abuse the Freedom, everyone is a Hypocrite and cares about his own Agenda.

And one last thing. Most don't know how to communicate and behave.

I generally dislike their Online attitude. Its not decent especially if you don't know the other.

Its a Cultural thing but i wont say more. I may not be a Native English speaker but at least i know how to be nice.

Oh and i know most will just ignore the Truth. Due to their American Exceptionalism Ignorance.

Well i am not typing to get any responses i just want to Express how Angry i am with everyone on the Internet and why.

Leaving and taking a long break anyway.

Edited by Guest

I just love the hypocrisy of there being 100s of mods on this site that turn canonically straight characters gay/bi and no has an issue. 1 mod does the opposite and it's literally the end of the world.

It's the same with the No Straight marriage and No Gay marriage mod.

You can not claim you want equality and then demand special treatment.

Changing fictional characters sexualies and fictional marriage norms are either ok or not.

It's this type of double standards that has causes the LGBTQ+ acceptance to plummet in recent years. You aren't helping the community, you're hurting it.

Edit: To add to what the poster above is saying, adding a LGBTQ+ and Hetro tag would help a lot.

The tag system can be exploited.

Let's use the "Skyrim VR" tag as an example.

if you don't own a VR device, it would make sense to block Skyrim VR tag, right?

Well, if you block Skyrim VR, mods such as Mod Organizer 2, FNIS, Immersive Armors, Enchanced Blood Textures, etc., will also be removed from your search results, even though they have nothing to do with Skyrim VR itself, they have a VR version thus have a VR tag.

Authors also might purposely not include the correct tags, and then claim "I didn't know this tag was necessary" or "I don't think this tag fits my mod".