Can I disable precombines?

hucker75

In a settlement, and about 20% of the time in the middle of nowhere, I can scrap a tree or old car. But not other times. Can I turn off precombines everywhere somehow? I have a decent system and in areas with precombines off it doesn't go slow.

Edited by hucker75

I do use scrap everything. But I was wanting to scrap stuff outside of settlements. I've found an ini file setting, but only by reading the mod description. I'm surprised a google search didn't tell me.

fallout4.ini

[General]

bUseCombinedObjects=0

Edited by hucker75

I have a decent machine perfectly capable of running an old game at full blast. I want to scrap EVERYTHING. Amazing how much wood I can get from forests. bUseCombinedObjects=0 is working great for me. I don't want to be running some fiddle for slow machines, it isn't a slow machine.

Edited by hucker75

I have a decent machine perfectly capable of running an old game at full blast. I want to scrap EVERYTHING. Amazing how much wood I can get from forests. bUseCombinedObjects=0 is working great for me. I don't want to be running some fiddle for slow machines, it isn't a slow machine.

Wander around downtown Boston. :) That area can bring even a beast of a machine to its knees.

Yes I notice lower FPS, but not low enough to bother me. But that's Boston. The precombines seem to make no difference to me anywhere.

Anyway, you can always upgrade a Beast to a Beast Pro.

I don't think Precombines make all that much difference in places that aren't really building/population heavy. At least, not so I have noticed. Of course, in the areas where there aren't any precombines in my game, I usually scrap everything under the sun. :D

Once you've broken all the precombines, you can speed it back up by scrapping. I was short of wood in a settlement, so I ran off down the road and cut down many trees. Environmentalism is not my speciality.

I've also taken to buying 50 grand of guns then scrapping them all. Loads of useful stuff like steel and aluminium in there if you're doing a lot of building work. My bank balance is 6.7 million and rising so I might aswell spend some, if only that were true in real life....