FileFront closing its doors - Not anymore!!!

Dark0ne

As a former FileFront Network Staff member, I can say that it is true that the network sites are being backed up as much as possible. The ones we will most likely have problems with are those not already listed as being backed up. I myself was unable to contribute to the backup because the script isn't working on my system to download the files, however I can safely say that the Elder Scrolls site is backed up, as is the STALKER site. I can't guarantee much, as the WOW files site and the BF2 files sites are in doubt, we have reports that EA is attempting to back up the sites related to their games, but we aren't 100% sure. The KOTOR site, since everyone is so interested in it here, is backed up IIRC.

Th3flyboy

Former FSX Files Vice Admin

Former Filefront Network Staff

Edited by th3flyboy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did it have to be Filefront and not Fileplanet? Whats the next best side for internet downloads you think?

Either going down is not good. I have a ton of mods on FilePlanet for a game I modded for 10 years ago. No matter which site it is, there are people who were using it and will be sad to see it go.

I just don't like the way how FilePlant does its downloads. Most of the time they try to fool you to subscribe when all you have to do is register. And some times you don't even have to do that but they have a tiny link to let you bypass that (Unless they are forcing people to register to download all their files now). Filefront never did that type of stuff which is why I used that service. Now I'm sad that its going away.

Interestingly, they no longer mention "current economic conditions". The new statement is:

We regret to inform you that we are forced to indefinitely suspend the FileFront site operations on March 30, 2009. If you have uploaded files, images or posted blogs, or if you would like to download some of your favorite files, please take this opportunity to download them before March 30th when the site will be suspended.

With the rest the same.

Well first of all, being a filefront member for over 3 years, I was devastated reading the bad news. But when I see how ppl are putting tons of efforts and MB/s in saving filefront, I'm starting to hope that one day there will be a new filefront... BTW: really glad that battlefrontfiles and kotorfiles are already backed up.