New Open Cities

hedgie2019

Hello, as you all know the current "open cities" mod author had a lot of drama and aggressive history with other modders and it's difficult to find now and well, seeing any future update on it is unlikely. However, that doesn't mean it should be the end of open cities! I'd like to request a new open cities mod, one made by people for the people!

I don't know the technicalities of how open cities work or why it wasn't a thing before, but I think it would be great if it someone or a group of people were to make this happen. I hope someone thinks this is a great idea and makes it happen lol!

It's not difficult to find at all. It's on Bethesda.net, AFK Mods, and ModDB. Something not being on Nexus doesn't mean it's gone forever, you just need to broaden your horizons.

It's not difficult to find at all. It's on Bethesda.net, AFK Mods, and ModDB. Something not being on Nexus doesn't mean it's gone forever, you just need to broaden your horizons.

I didn't say it was THAT hard to find, but the fact that this mod is disappearing means that there's not going to be updates made to it and the mod author refuses to cooperate with other modders and has distanced himself entirely from the modding community. Simply put, it has zero support and a new mod will have to take its place if people want to have continued support for an open cities mod. A lot of mods have disappeared over the years, and I would argue that at least 50% of the mods I used to use have been removed from nexus. Of course, a few of those mods can be found elsewhere (or at least something similar) and I refuse to use bethesda.net again.

Anyway, open cities is a dead mod and I am petitioning people in hopes that people will be eager to create something to take its place.

You realize you just replied to the author of Open Cities, right? I think some of your comments about lack of support and distancing might be an exaggeration.

At any rate, it seems like a lot of work to ask people to do in order to end up with something that already exists.

You might want to think about why you're noticing so much stuff being missing from Nexus lately. There might just be a reason for it you're not aware of.

As for OCS, it's not dead, in fact I updated it for SE 1.6 and added Fishing support to it along with adjustments for the other free DLCs that came down with 1.6.

Oh thank god. I've seen countless threads regarding this as a dead mod and author this and author that. Looks like they are the ones spreading false information and drama instead of the other way around. Carry on and my apologies. I remember open cities being a must-have, I was heavily disappointed when I could only find dated versions of it since I don't bother with bethesda.net and assumed the worst.