Please Help!

plumcrazy71
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

I downloaded a house mod for oblivion a couple of days ago and it crashed my game twice and froze it once. I know it was this particular mod, as I didn't have such issues before I downloaded it. I can only assume I uninstalled the mod incorrectly, because when I tried to launch the game again, it wouldn't. It told me that that mod was missing. So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it thinking it would fix the issue. It didn't, now I can't activate it for modding anymore, as it says a bunch of stuff is missing, and I also can't unmanage the game either saying I have to purge the mods from the game, but it doesn't work, saying that I have to ensure there isn't some sort of files in the game or something. I played around with it for around two hours, trying to fix the issue to no avail. Any suggestions or assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I actually deleted all the saves to see if it would help. I wasn't very far into the game so I don't really care about the saves I had. I just need to know how to fix the game to make it so I can mod it again. I do appreciate you're reply though. Probably when I'm able to, I'll post a couple of screen shots of my issue.

Did you actually install/remove the mod via Vortex?

Perhaps you need to reverify your game files on Steam? If you internet is decent, you may also want to delete the entire "Data" folder from the Oblivion install before running the verification.

Did you actually install/remove the mod via Vortex?

Perhaps you need to reverify your game files on Steam? If you internet is decent, you may also want to delete the entire "Data" folder from the Oblivion install before running the verification.

Wouldn't purging all mods first work?? Theoretically, that should remove any detritus left behind by mods installed via vortex.....

It gives me the option to purge the mods when I try to unmanage the game, but when I select the option, it doesn't work says to make sure there isn't any leftovers present or some such thing. And yes, I did install my mods through vortex.

Edited by plumcrazy71