⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Cannot install new mods v1.6.0

OlasMarz
Go to solution Solved by OlasMarz,

People seem to have luck switching from the beta update channel to the stable update channel and letting Vortex "update" back to the latest stable version.

How would you go about doing that? I've tried to switch to the stable branch within Vortex itself, but since it's already a beta it keeps forcing it to stay in beta.

Guest deleted34304850

You sir are creating friction on purpose with comments like that and you know it.

Act like an adult if you expect to be treated like one

But i'm done discussing this with you becauseit is clear you have nothing of value to add to the topic.

Have a good day sir.

so you have nothing to suggest on how to make the post better. i thought as much. if you have nothing good to say move on. its in the TOS you agreed to when you signed up.

People seem to have luck switching from the beta update channel to the stable update channel and letting Vortex "update" back to the latest stable version.

How would you go about doing that? I've tried to switch to the stable branch within Vortex itself, but since it's already a beta it keeps forcing it to stay in beta.

I don't think it should be stopping you from switching back to stable. That seems like it might be a bug that needs reporting through the in-app bug report system.

Guest deleted34304850

i posted this in another thread;

basically you chose the beta channel, and when you were told an update was available, you pulled it down and updated to 1.6 BETA.

if you then decide you don't want this and want to go back to stable - you can't because vortex knows you're on beta software and if it let you go back to an older release, there's a really good chance your entire environment could be corrupted.

so it actually tells you - you're on beta software - you cannot go back to stable. you get this notification any time you try to change from beta to stable.

that's how it works.

it's actually stopping you from giving yourself a really bad day.

now - other people have simply pulled down the stable version and installed that over the top - good luck to those mad lads. you could try and do that - but if it were me, i'd leave it on 1.6 and wait for the next fix which won't be long.

I don't think it should be stopping you from switching back to stable. That seems like it might be a bug that needs reporting through the in-app bug report system.

I switch the selected branch in the settings to stable, no notification or anything shows up. So I close the mod manager and reopen it, so that it can auto update. and the message, "You are running an beta version of Vortex so auto update settings have been changed to keep you up-to-date with current betas." I can't think of another way to change back to beta, I've tried re-installing Vortex and switching it back to stable, after I click on the notification to update that same message still shows up. To add insult to injury, the old version installs mods just fine, at least with Skyrim Special Edition.

I switch the selected branch in the settings to stable, no notification or anything shows up. So I close the mod manager and reopen it, so that it can auto update. and the message, "You are running an beta version of Vortex so auto update settings have been changed to keep you up-to-date with current betas." I can't think of another way to change back to beta, I've tried re-installing Vortex and switching it back to stable, after I click on the notification to update that same message still shows up. To add insult to injury, the old version installs mods just fine, at least with Skyrim Special Edition.

I didn't mean to post this twice, I'm sorry.

Edited by turtlekid2003

i posted this in another thread;

basically you chose the beta channel, and when you were told an update was available, you pulled it down and updated to 1.6 BETA.

if you then decide you don't want this and want to go back to stable - you can't because vortex knows you're on beta software and if it let you go back to an older release, there's a really good chance your entire environment could be corrupted.

so it actually tells you - you're on beta software - you cannot go back to stable. you get this notification any time you try to change from beta to stable.

that's how it works.

it's actually stopping you from giving yourself a really bad day.

now - other people have simply pulled down the stable version and installed that over the top - good luck to those mad lads. you could try and do that - but if it were me, i'd leave it on 1.6 and wait for the next fix which won't be long.

Alright then, thank you, I was just looking to see if there was a fix. Unfortunate that there isn't currently. And I did try re installing it over it and there were no problems in the slightest, I may have just gotten lucky though.

Guest deleted34304850

If choosing the beta for any reason locks you into it forever, that's horrible design. You end up stuck when the beta is broken with no way back?

no, you don't, at all and it isn't a "horrible" design. you know what would be horrible? letting you download beta software, then letting you regress back to whatever the hell version you want to do and letting you completely destroy your environment. that is horrible design.

as has been pointed out so many times - if you don't have the minerals, or the setup to deal with beta software - don't choose beta software. no-one's arm was twisted.