Anyone Update to AE and NOT receive the FREE mods from the Skyrim AE Update?

KainThePheonix

I recently updated to Skyrim AE from SSE (I downgraded quite easily by simply saving the previous version of SkyrimSE.exe ) - you do NOT need to use the down grader, simply backup your Skyrim SE folder (I advise backing up the entire folder) - technically aside from moving the new AE files like the BeAFarmer and Fishing, Survival et cetera the ONLY file I needed to replace was the SkyrimSE.exe file and my Mod Organizer 2 folder and all my other mods and skse worked without ANY ISSUES.

But I did not receive Saints and Seducers nor did I receive the other esl mods, anyone else have similar issues upgrading via STEAM and NOT getting the AE mods?

Perhaps you misunderstand or possibly I did. I'm not talking those, I received those mods. What I didn't receive were the other AE mods, the ones you can by with the Credits from the main window, where you sign in for Bethesda on either the SkyrimSE.exe or the SkyrimLauncher.exe. I have most of them, but I thought that with the AE upgrade that they gave away all of the other Creation Content, like the armors, rare curious et cetera.

The SSE executable was updated and everyone who already owned it and updated was given three free Creation Club mods (the ones you moved). The rest of the Creation Club mods were packaged up and sold alongside the game as the "Anniversary Edition". One can pay about $20 for the "upgrade" or about $50 for the game plus "upgrade". Or one could continue to purchase them individually as desired in the Creation Club store.

If you bought the "Anniversary Upgrade" DLC from Steam then you will get all the CC content. But it's downloaded from within Skyrim itself like all CC content. You should get a message asking if you want to download the content when you start Skyrim.

I'd suggest waiting until after you've done that before messing around with replacing EXE files.

Also, replacing you EXE file might prevent some of that content from working. Or at least working properly. That's why the Downgrade Patcher has a "best of both worlds" option.