⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

RANT: Vortex F'd Me Over With Collections And Nagging

CEFranklin

Dear Devs... Thanks for the fregging nagging that I get about a collection not being completed. Every time I turn around, there it is. If I wanted to resume the collection, I would have. I uninstalled a few mods that I did not like and now it never goes away.

Well, today, I was unlucky enough to accidentally hit resume and the resulting aftermath just totally janked my mods and load order. Thank you for wasting 3 days of my work.

Guest deleted34304850

Dear Devs... Thanks for the fregging nagging that I get about a collection not being completed. Every time I turn around, there it is. If I wanted to resume the collection, I would have. I uninstalled a few mods that I did not like and now it never goes away.

Well, today, I was unlucky enough to accidentally hit resume and the resulting aftermath just totally janked my mods and load order. Thank you for wasting 3 days of my work.

That's a bit of an embarassing post. You're obviously not aware, but you can suppress pretty much any message very easily. I think its a maximum of two maybe three clicks....

Why not have a click around and see what other nice suprises you can find? There's loads of them and you never know, one of those features may stop your next temper tantrum, which is a good thing, no?

If you don't want to install the collection fully you can either disable the collection once you have the mods you want (the collection is then not kept up to date though) or you can set the mods you don't want to "Ignore".

I don't quite understand why people would rather ignore notifications that clearly bother them instead of just addressing them and have them be gone.

Guest deleted34304850

this is the joy of removing the pre-requisite of "basic knowledge" from modding.

this is very much going to be the new normal.

imagine having to read a message telling you something you need to react to all the time - the absolute STATE of that. (rolls eyes).