Can we please be allowed to use Nexus Mod Manager again?

Zuthos

Despite its flaws, Nexus Mod Manager was a lot easier to manage the mods than Vortex. I had a lot fewer errors, and when I attempted to deploy mods to have a more fun experience in games, the mods actually deployed and worked. If there was a collision or trouble being caused, it was easy to fix the issue. I have had a lot more trouble with Vortex than I ever had with NMM.

I would like to have the ability to download and start using NMM again, but it appears that we are no longer allowed to download it. I know that Vortex is supposed to give us a more "modern" experience, but the only experience I have had is constant irritation and aggravation at Vortex not doing what I want it to do. The only game of mine that seems to work well with Vortex, is Skyrim. Everything else seems to fail for some reason or another.

For the best modding experience, can you please allow us to download it again and use it at our own risk? That way, the people who like the older system can have fun using it, and the people who love the new Vortex system can have a blast with it.

Thank you for your patience and assistance in this matter. Best of luck to you and your team.

NMM is still available in the "community supported" form from GitHub.

But, even with the community updates it is antiquated by Mod Manager standards, so Nexus no longer links to it.

Just google it.

But you'd honestly be better off figuring out what you are doing wrong with Vortex.

First, here is a link to the GitHub site to download NMM: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases

Second, in spite of the negative comments you will hear from Nexus' true believers, NMM is fully functional and well supported. One can report bugs and problems on Github, and there is a Discord Server for support and general chat.

When you get there, tell 'em Scythe Bearer sent you.