Adjust grenade arc with mousewheel?

showler

Ummm.

Demolition Perk Rank 2+ And holding down the action key?

Is that not working for you, Showler? No Arc guide?

I've seen several youtube channels where they don't have the arc guide, but I dunno what mods they're using that either gets rid of it, or they don't have high enough perks. Tho I kinda doubt the latter.

Thinking you either have a mod that's causing it to not show up, or you've got a bug somewhere.....

I have the arc guide.

To throw the grenade further you have to look up more. For long throws this means that you are looking above the ground and can't see the landing point anymore.

I want to be able to change the length of the throw without changing where my character is looking.

Ohhhhh ok. I see.

Myself, I always associate the mouse wheel with either zoom in/out or scroll up/down. So I misunderstood from your title.

:pinch: :confused:

You're talking about, the same mechanics we have to face when trying to aim a Fatman? Having to way seriously aim high?

I haven't tried this mod, so I dunno if this might be a suitable remedy or not. But in theory a flatter arc, means a more direct throw. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8200

I found some other alternatives, but they were for baseball grenades only. I myself, am not a fan of those underpowered firecrackers, so I didn't mention those mods. Plus, they're limited to one nade type only.

Thanks for that. I'd prefer the wheel adjustment. The arc is actually useful except for the inability to see your target at times.

No prob! :) Yeah, there really isn't any mods currently out that really addresses this issue. And I agree, it's a mechanic that could definitely use some tuning up.

Also agree, I love the arc guide. Especially when trying to lob one thru a window, or hole in a wall.

This one is way past my ability to try to fix tho, not even any idea on what kind of mechanics that it uses, other than the arc itself is .nif file.

My only thought was that it might be possible to use the arc to decide where the grenade will go (and the upward angle necessary to get it there) and then when you release the button momentarily adjust your view to that angle so that the vanilla grenade throwing can complete.

Or even something that when the grenade button is held, the camera angle is adjusted to counter the look angle and keep you looking level.

My only thought was that it might be possible to use the arc to decide where the grenade will go (and the upward angle necessary to get it there) and then when you release the button momentarily adjust your view to that angle so that the vanilla grenade throwing can complete.

Or even something that when the grenade button is held, the camera angle is adjusted to counter the look angle and keep you looking level.

Would going out to third person help? (I don't play third person, ever, so, I just don't know....)

I think the mousewheel trick would be great...... having to 'guess' where my 'nade is gonna go, is annoying.

Also, I don't seem to get a grenade arc at all in interior cells... Is that something in my game screwing up? Or, is that vanilla behavior?

Would going out to third person help? (I don't play third person, ever, so, I just don't know....)

I think the mousewheel trick would be great...... having to 'guess' where my 'nade is gonna go, is annoying.

Also, I don't seem to get a grenade arc at all in interior cells... Is that something in my game screwing up? Or, is that vanilla behavior?

You've got a bug, bro. If you have the perk requirements, the Arc will show up, regardless of where you are. Unless there is something like a piece of ceiling or something obstructing your view of it.

And yeah... that's super annoying. I bugged my last test playthrough and I didn't have it either.