Sofia - a funny, fully voiced and scripted follower(WIP)

djjohnjarvis

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to it as well.

I only have two suggestions:

1. Make sure all her dialogue doesn't break lore in anyway. Don't use any modern words that are outside of the skyrim world.

2. Make sure she isn't overpowered. Vilja for example is extremely overpowered since most of the time you can just let her do all the fighting while you walk away and get coffee. Cerwiden uses words that aren't in the skyrim world which breaks immersion.

Other than that this mod looks highly professional!

Thanks. Her dialogue is clear to see in the many videos I have posted or even the few example lines in the first post and will stick to the same style. There are no modern references or slang terms, I use phrases such as "what in oblivion" instead of what the hell for example and I don't mention anything that you wouldn't see in Skyrim. She is customisable so how overpowered she is really depends on how you have her set up.

Having her say "Snot" will break immersion for some people even though a nose is a snot factory and last I saw NPC's have a nose. I wouldnt struggle on making it 100% immersion break proof simply for the fact that immersion is 100% unigue to the player since some can find OP characters and anime outfits to fit the immersion and others will scream bloody murder if either one is present. One persons immersion breaking aspect is anothers immersion so to speak.

Yes I have made it quite clear that I will try to stay lore friendly but I'm not trying to please everyone. It says in the first post relatively lore friendly and I have said I will stick to my style of writing and I think there is more than enough dialogue posted to get a feel for whether she suits someone's level of lore friendliness or not. I do get what you are referencing though lol. You and me see it as lore friendly to break a nail but someone else might not, so I will stick to my idea of lore friendly. Also the races in Skyrim are based on real life humans and animals so I would assume have a similar biology so would have snot as you said although I have no plans of adding snot into the equation.

Anyone who says something about this mod not being lore friendly simply doesn't get what the mod is about or is just OCD in my opinion, either that or they need to get a life outside of Skyrim. She is clearly meant as a bit of fun and deliberately less serious than other followers who tell you their life story or try to imitate vanilla followers. On the other hand she doesn't go as far as another follower I saw but can't remember exactly which deliberately used crude language, modern outside references and broke the fourth wall (which is perfectly ok as it is their preference and nobody has to use it).

Having her say "Snot" will break immersion for some people even though a nose is a snot factory and last I saw NPC's have a nose. I wouldnt struggle on making it 100% immersion break proof simply for the fact that immersion is 100% unigue to the player since some can find OP characters and anime outfits to fit the immersion and others will scream bloody murder if either one is present. One persons immersion breaking aspect is anothers immersion so to speak.

here here

Stick to what you like to write. Consequences be damned. My best material comes through when I'm writing what I like.

If you don't like it, don't play it. ITs too much trouble to please everyone.

I'm not sure how anyone could come to the conclusion that what you've built into Sofia is immersion breaking or non-lore friendly. I am aware that everyone has their own opinion of what that is but, stick to the path your on is what I'd say. Sofia will be a fresh addition to my Skyrim play, and I can't wait to meet her.

Oooh, this gal's looking to be up there in the ranks with Inigo when it comes to custom followers! I'm not too crazy about how... hmm, baby faced she looks? Something about her face doesn't look quite right in the world of Skyrim, but it's far from a deal breaker for me. Make her as you see fit-- it looks like you're doing quite well and I look forward to release. :D

@maxx130 - Well only one person has said that they didn't think she was entirely lore friendly, but yea I think you could spend ages trying to define what is lore friendly or not. Other people just didn't bother to look at the videos and information I posted, or perhaps were a little concerned that I might accidentally add a line that isn't lore friendly although I really don't see what difference it makes. I have no intention of changing my path. Anyway I'm glad to hear that :)

@ShenziSixaxis - Thanks. That's fine, appearance is a personal preference and will never be to everyone's taste, so I will probably post a guide on how to edit her appearance and I'll also let other modders do their own patches to alter her appearance if they wish (with permission of course). She has a cute and young appearance to match her voice and personality. Her appearance isn't anything too extreme but I get what you are saying and that is something you can easily fix.