Sofia - a funny, fully voiced and scripted follower(WIP)

djjohnjarvis

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't personally use survival mods but I suppose it could be fun once I get back to having a proper playthrough that isn't for testing purposes. Getting her to use a bedroll should be straight forward however as it would just require me to set her to using a sleep package like I did in the screenshot I posted on the last page. For integration with Frostfall and similar needs/survival mods though I would probably need to load the esp for the other mods and see how it is all set up which I will probably eventually get round to doing.

Edited by djjohnjarvis

I don't usually get mods that add characters, but when I do, they get drunk.
Would love to see her fight Alduin drunk. And end up hitting the player half the time. Maybe she should also get arrested for inappropriate behaviour, and you have to pay her bounty or both of you get thrown in jail. And she'll make a lot of noise when you try to escape. And the guards will attack.

Sounds like a good way of choosing followers lol. Yea she pretty much wakes up after a night of heavy drinking having caused a lot of chaos when you meet her so I'm sure you can imagine how things are going to play out. I have already started planning one of the sidequests and it involves her getting arrested and you busting her out of jail but there is a lot more to it than that after the player gets caught helping her escape. It wouldn't be much of a quest though if it was just fighting a few guards and leaving through the front door. There will be no lockpicks or keys involved either when escaping so I'll let you think about it ;)

A small voice acting role has opened up for someone to play a Whiterun guard as part of a sidequest, see here for more details

Ignore this post

Edited by djjohnjarvis

Thanks, glad to hear it. Yes I also do playthroughs of both (I do slightly favour females though as they are more customisable) so I always take both genders into account. Although to reduce the number of recordings I try to keep things gender neutral unless I think of a funny line that only applies to one gender. So for example saying "look at that person" instead of "look at him/her" as that's just a waste of time that could be better spent elsewhere. Like all Skyrim NPCs gender doesn't factor into how much she likes you though so it's not lore breaking if she fancies you when you are a girl lol.

I'm really looking forward for this follower mod to come out, but I was wondering djjohnjarvis, if Sofia will have set behaviors? For instance if she is injured and you heal her, would she react to it, by saying something? By the way awesome work :blush:

P.S: just as a suggestion, you should check out the follower mod Mrissi a tail of troubles and maybe add interactions between the two.

Edited by ZerionMagna

Thanks. I haven't done anything for healing yet but she reacts to lots of things. I will add that one to the to do list.

Oh looks like Christine is in that mod too, but then again it's hard not to run into a voiced mod she's in lol. Christine (finalCrystine) is the voice actress for Sofia in case you have no idea who I'm referring to. Follower interaction has been suggested to me several times so I may get round to it, but it's one of those if I have time left over things. Anyway yea I'll probably get round to checking that mod out eventually.

Yeah I can see where keeping dialog as neutral as possible would be best in most instances. And I totally didn't see your comment on the jail break side quest, it's awesome to see your working on it :dance: And no lock picks or keys huh? I'm so looking forward to getting locked up with her now...lol