Sofia - a funny, fully voiced and scripted follower(WIP)

djjohnjarvis

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any chance that this mod will be released early as a beta? :smile: This way we won't have to wait as long to get to try out the mod and we can find any bugs or problems in the mod that you may have missed.

This.

Please?

Well I'm sure Christine will be glad that other people enjoy her singing. I don't have interesting NPCs active at the moment as I'm just doing testing at the moment so my Skyrim is mostly unmodded except for things I know will not interfere such as UI enhancements.

Is there any chance that this mod will be released early as a beta? :smile: This way we won't have to wait as long to get to try out the mod and we can find any bugs or problems in the mod that you may have missed.

Yes I will be releasing the mod as an early beta as the development time for this mod has been increased because there is no longer such a strict deadline for getting the vocals recorded now. However it won't be as soon as you were hoping and will probably be in May but very unlikely before the end of April. Look on the bright side though, with the increased availability of the voice actress there will be more content than previously possible but this will be gradually added in over time with new features, side quests and dialogue. You will not have to download the whole mod each time it is updated however, just any new or updated files.

As much as I would like to just hand you the mod it is in no fit state to be released with missing dialogue, serious bugs and unfinished features that will probably screw up your save game or start throwing up debug messages. Christine already has the honour of being the first to beta test the mod after me of course because she is special :tongue: and it would be impossible for me not to test it first without taking a serious gamble lol. Seriously though she does a lot more stuff behind the scenes than just the voice acting and is more of a modding partner than just a straight forward voice actor.

Ok time for another update. Here is a video for the introduction to Sofia. I don't think I need to point out the obvious bug in the video lol. I forgot to disable the sleep marker after Sofia wakes up so the sandboxing stable bloke starts laying down where Sofia is standing sending her flying all over the place but I was too lazy to redo the video.

Also here are the side quest guard lines: Click Here which were done by Temperance10 . He did an amazing job as you can tell.

Edited by djjohnjarvis

Well I'm sure Christine will be glad that other people enjoy her singing. I don't have interesting NPCs active at the moment as I'm just doing testing at the moment so my Skyrim is mostly unmodded except for things I know will not interfere such as UI enhancements.

Yes I will be releasing the mod as an early beta as the development time for this mod has been increased because there is no longer such a strict deadline for getting the vocals recorded now. However it won't be as soon as you were hoping and will probably be in May but very unlikely before the end of April. Look on the bright side though, with the increased availability of the voice actress there will be more content than previously possible but this will be gradually added in over time with new features, side quests and dialogue. You will not have to download the whole mod each time it is updated however, just any new or updated files.

As much as I would like to just hand you the mod it is in no fit state to be released with missing dialogue, serious bugs and unfinished features that will probably screw up your save game or start throwing up debug messages. Christine already has the honour of being the first to beta test the mod after me of course because she is special :tongue: and it would be impossible for me not to test it first without taking a serious gamble lol. Seriously though she does a lot more stuff behind the scenes than just the voice acting and is more of a modding partner than just a straight forward voice actor.

Alright cool deal! Looking forward to seeing it soon!

Edited by Turkeycamel3

Very cool looking mod. I've been looking for a Follower like this for awhile.

Since you're doing a quest for Sofia, will there be a relationship option (Romance,Friendship,Hatred) depending on how the player treats her or decisions made through the quest? I enjoy RP, so it would be cool to be able to connect with Sofia... that came out very wrong...

Edited by Skull52200

Since you're doing a quest for Sofia, will there be a relationship option (Romance,Friendship,Hatred) depending on how the player treats her or decisions made through the quest? I enjoy RP, so it would be cool to be able to connect with Sofia... that came out very wrong...

Yes I'm sure you will share some rather 'touching' moments with her, but hopefully nothing too hands on :wink:

Anyway yea as you can see in the intro video there is already multiple dialogue choices so I suppose it would make sense for her to judge the player based on their choices, although how complex I will make the relationship system I'm not sure of yet. There won't be marriage or anything too heavily romantic because that would go against her personality and would change the funny way in which she acts towards the player. You can't exactly have an awkward crush and the need to keep trying to impress someone if you are already in a relationship with them, and talks about how she likes to seduce other men would also be off the table haha. I might add in a little bit of flirting but nothing too serious.

She will probably get annoyed at the player but she isn't the sort to be pushed around and doesn't really take things too seriously. I suppose I could have a mood based system where she will be super happy if you give her stuff and pay attention to her but upset if you don't pay her any attention or choose the wrong dialogue options.

Edited by djjohnjarvis

Yes I'm sure you will share some rather 'touching' moments with her, but hopefully nothing too hands on :wink:

Anyway yea as you can see in the intro video there is already multiple dialogue choices so I suppose it would make sense for her to judge the player based on their choices, although how complex I will make the relationship system I'm not sure of yet. There won't be marriage or anything too heavily romantic because that would go against her personality and would change the funny way in which she acts towards the player. You can't exactly have an awkward crush and the need to keep trying to impress someone if you are already in a relationship with them, and talks about how she likes to seduce other men would also be off the table haha. I might add in a little bit of flirting but nothing too serious.

She will probably get annoyed at the player but she isn't the sort to be pushed around and doesn't really take things too seriously. I suppose I could have a mood based system where she will be super happy if you give her stuff and pay attention to her but upset if you don't pay her any attention or choose the wrong dialogue options.

Completely agree, can't wait for this mod to come out! It'll be a nice change from the beautiful-but-emotionless follower mods.