The Pop-Ups on this site is killing me!

Hluill

The advertisements are distorting the page layout, covering and hiding buttons and links, and randomly hijacking my audio.

It's becoming noticeably worse.

I am not experiencing this with other sites.

I understand that this site needs to make money, but the advertising is becoming prohibitive to visiting and using this site.

Thanks for your time.

Hey,

Please can you take a screenshot and send it over. I want to see if the ads you're seeing are right, or whether our ad provider has screwed something up which is making the experience worse for you.

The advertisements are distorting the page layout, covering and hiding buttons and links, and randomly hijacking my audio.

I understand that this site needs to make money, but the advertising is becoming prohibitive to visiting and using this site.

Thanks for your time.

This is embarrassing, but I don't know how to take a screenshot in windows...

Could always spend a couple bucks, become a supporter, and stop getting ads as well. :smile:

I am reluctant to give money to a site that seems so buggy, though I have supported Nexus through mod donations and Patreon...

Thanks for your time.

This is embarrassing, but I don't know how to take a screenshot in windows...

If you're on Windows 10 or later (maybe even works for earlier versions, I'm not sure), press the windows key and then type "snipping". You want the "snipping tool" app that comes as default with Windows.

From there, select "New" and then draw a box over what you would like to take a picture of. When you've got a good one that shows the whole site with all the bad ads on it, click "save", save it to your computer, and then upload it here.

You will also most likely want to use an online cloud host for the images. Preferably one that lets you use their service without signing up for an account. And allows you to create thumbnail links that you can post into web forums like this.

Some imagehosts will even let you upload the contents of your clipboard (The image that you copied to memory via Ctrl + Prnt Scrn) directly. Without having to go through the work flow of opening a program, pasting it to the new file, and then saving the new file.

For screencaptures, there is also some free alternatives that you can download and use. I myself like to use PicPick, as it lets me do the usual minor editing, but also allows me to add text to the capture, arrow markers, highlights, scrolling captures, a lot of things that I use for tutorials or presentations, even a meme here or there. And it has a much better intuitive and less steep learning curve than some of the graphics programs.

Also, if your next question is going to be "Alright, so how do I show you the picture, now that I have it?"

Here you go.

Thumbnail, image made with PicPick.... clicky clicky to see it full size, will open a new tab/window.

5co16hwy_t.jpg

[Edit] Yours won't look like that, if you do it that way. I'm just showing off the options that I mentioned above......[/edit] Oh, and forgot to mention that you have to click inside of the empty post box, in order for those options to show up. :pinch:

I truly appreciate all the guidance for taking screenshots! I even received a class from my wife!

Since posting, the popups have gone away, mostly (the invasive video in the bottom right still plays, repeatedly).

But now the page will randomly scroll to the bottom of the page, sometime mid-click.

So the pop-ups have gone away, but I still have the random noise from the right-bottom video and a random page-down scroll.