[WIP] Apocalypse New

EnaiSiaion

The main difference is that most minions' power is tied to their mana or otherwise time limited. This makes dedicated summoners (who can afford to resummon) more effective without turning the school into a flat power boost for anyone who bothers summoning one.

Destruction almost done!

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a bloody shame that I lose every spell that doesn't deal direct damage to a target when cast so the AI can use them properly. Things like Meteor and Hailstrike, which are actually self buffs while the entire effect is scripted, become problematic. To make up for their uncertain future, I implemented this spell:

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/diablo.gamepedia.com/1/1f/Frozen_Orb_Icon.png

Could you not contact the ASIS people and ask them if they can prevent certain spells from being added to NPCs? If not, you could release the scripted spells as a separate .esp and let people know it's incompatible. Scripted spells are too good to lose.

In that case, what if you could tie its health to your conjuration skill level? you could give it, say, (20*Conjuration) health (no idea how OP that is), which, as a formula, should keep it balanced when facing small, low level groups or even single enemies like you do at very low levels when it only has 300 health at 15 conjuration, but it should still hold its own against a large group or stronger enemies when it has 2,000 health. I was also thinking of only giving it a duration of about 45-60 seconds: long enough to give enemies a fighting chance to kill it and take the bonus, short enough that if they do kill it quite quickly, it's not necessarily a death sentence, long enough to make it useful in battle, short enough that you can't just set it down in one fight, gain +60% destruction power or whatever, kill everyone there and just swan off to a new battle, safe in the knowledge that no one is going to find your Sapper and even if they do, they're not going to be able to find you after.

As for making sure it can't be abused, you could make the drain effect cost it 1/sec, give it 45-60 magicka, and have it die when the magicka reaches zero. I'm not entirely sure but hey: use it, don't use it, I'm just happy to know the idea is being acknowledged.

it's a bloody shame that I lose every spell that doesn't deal direct damage to a target when cast so the AI can use them properly. Things like Meteor and Hailstrike, which are actually self buffs while the entire effect is scripted, become problematic. To make up for their uncertain future, I implemented this spell:

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/diablo.gamepedia.com/1/1f/Frozen_Orb_Icon.png

Could you not contact the ASIS people and ask them if they can prevent certain spells from being added to NPCs? If not, you could release the scripted spells as a separate .esp and let people know it's incompatible. Scripted spells are too good to lose.

I agree scripted spells are too good to be completely removed. I like the idea of having the scripted spells either being excluded from the proccer or having them as a separate esp.

It's not about the proccer. It's about the fact that other mods may make assumptions about what a spell does based on what it looks like. For instance, Meteor is a self buff that does nothing and is scripted to drop a meteor when cast. To the game, this looks exactly the same as Oakflesh without the armor buff. What if someone has a quest that fails if you cast offensive magic? You're not casting offensive magic, you're buffing yourself and this just happens to cause meteors to drop.

This doesn't mean the spells need to go entirely, they just need a bit of retooling. :)

It's not about the proccer. It's about the fact that other mods may make assumptions about what a spell does based on what it looks like. For instance, Meteor is a self buff that does nothing and is scripted to drop a meteor when cast. To the game, this looks exactly the same as Oakflesh without the armor buff. What if someone has a quest that fails if you cast offensive magic? You're not casting offensive magic, you're buffing yourself and this just happens to cause meteors to drop.

This doesn't mean the spells need to go entirely, they just need a bit of retooling. :smile:

I can understand that. If you can find a way to make it work like it should, that'd be fantastic. Even without those, though, it'll still be a great mod. In other news, did you decide yet whether it'll be an update or a separate mod? Doesn't matter to me, I'll be using it either way. Just curiosity. Pros and cons to both, I know.

If npcs not casting direct damage spells is a problem, could you program the spell do 1 damage to a target when cast, then execute the script? Would that work?

I've used skyre since my third time playing, I think. I've been excited by dwemerverse and thunderchild. I kind of downloaded apoc because it was a top 100 and, why not. Lately, I keep finding interesting mods and putting them in my game, and starting over. I think I'll wait for apoc new, start over again, and tell myself to stick with it this time.

Thanks for making all these mods, and thanks for making them compatible. I hope you are enjoying your holidays.

"I felt like destroying something beautiful"

Destruction is done!

NOVICE

Skywrath - Summons a node of magic at a location above the target for 20 seconds. Every 5 seconds, it shoots the spell in your other hand at the target for free. Only works outdoors.

Symphony of Destruction - Explosion of sound that deals damage equal to 4 times the number of destruction spells you have previously cast in combat. Resets when leaving combat or casting this.

APPRENTICE

Fire

Char - Burns a target in melee range for 10 damage for 3 seconds. If the target dies while on fire, a damaging fire is spawned. If this fire kills an enemy, a damaging fire is spawned, which...

Inferno - After a 2.5 second cast, equips the Emberbolt spell in the place of this spell for 10 seconds. Emberbolt deals 35 damage and can be cast rapidly.

Frost

Creeping Cold - Continuous pinpoint beam of frost. Deals 10 damage per second, and also if you keep the beam on a target for a continuous 8 seconds, the target freezes for 60 damage.

Fracture - Projectile that curses a target to take 5 frost damage per second for 3 seconds. If the target is hit by another frost spell, the curse explodes for 20 damage and stagger.

Shock

Jolt - Shocks a target in melee range. If the target has 0 magicka left (as a result of magicka drain from shock spells or otherwise), the target is electrocuted and dies.

Warpstrike - Electrical blast that deals 20 damage and teleports the target to a random nearby location.

ADEPT

Fire

Bolide - Flaming rock that deals 25 damage +up to 400% based on distance travelled (due to air resistance, like a meteor...).

Meltdown - Deals 10 damage for 3 seconds. The duration is reset when the target is hit by another fire spell. After 9 seconds, the target explodes for 70 damage and knockdown.

Frost

Frost Nova - Deals 20 damage to nearby targets. Damage is increased by 10 for each target within range (ie the more targets are hit, the more damage each target takes).

Ice Shiv - Trident of ice that deals 30 damage, increased by 60 if the target is hit in the back.

Shock

Electrosphere - Slow moving orb that deals 20 damage, plus 60 damage vs full health targets.

Stormclaw - Wave of lightning that deals 15 damage, plus 50 damage if the spell hit 6 or more times during the past 4 seconds (same targets or different ones)..

EXPERT

Fire

Blaze of Glory - Concentration spell. While concentrating, every spell cast starting with the third triggers a 60 fire damage aoe blast around the caster.

Wildfire - Bolt that deals 10 fire damage for 5 seconds. If the target is still burning from the previous hit, the next one deals +50% damage. This stacks up to 4 times (max 25 damage for 5 seconds).

Frost

Hailstone - Heavy ballistic ice block that arcs down and coalesces as it travels, dealing 20 damage +up to 400% based on distance to all targets hit.

Shattering Crystal - First cast places an unstable ice crystal, second cast detonates it for up to 270 damage depending on distance from the crystal.

Shock

Shockbloom - Casts a rapid ball of lightning that deals 10 damage +10% target health to everything in a splash area.

Shock Nova - Wave of thunder expands from the caster, dealing 30 damage, plus 50 damage to enemies along the rim.

MASTER

Fire

Apocalypse - After a 5 second cast, the caster is taken into the air and aims 110 damage meteors for 8 seconds. Only works outdoors.

Flamestrike - After a short delay, fireballs rain down, hitting a line in front of the caster (similar to a very big Hailstrike) dealing 160 damage per fireball (-75% vs dragons). Only works outdoors.

Frost

Frozen Orb - A frost orb slowly travels to the target point and hovers there for 2 seconds. Meanwhile, it spits out 180 damage ice bolts in random directions.

Tornado - Target enemy is sucked into a massive twister and swirled around, taking 15 damage for 20 seconds. The twister also pulls in and damages other enemies (and you!). Only works outdoors.

Shock

Finger of the Mountain - Debuffs nearby enemies for 20 seconds. When struck by a shock spell, the debuffed enemies are then hit by green lightning dealing 60 aoe damage. Only works outdoors.

Thunderball - Turn into ball lightning and smash your face into the target enemy, throwing the target and dealing 70 damage +up to 400% depending on distance travelled.

LEGACY (old Apocalypse spells with cleaned up scripts and visuals that didn't make the cut but can be activated using the MCM)

Frostfall - Rains down a line of ice shards in front of the caster, each dealing 110 damage (it's Apoc Hailstrike). Can be given for free when you learn Frozen Orb.

Volcano - Places an eruption at a point on the ground. It spits 10 firebolts per second for 4 seconds, each dealing 10 damage. Can be given for free when you learn Apocalypse.

(Flaming Core is returning as Skull Trap in restoration)

Edited by EnaiSiaion