⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Plain Speakin', A Massive Rant about a few things

Dashyburn

How does a generation of people who have the human database of knowledge at their fingertips actually end up knowing far less than a generation who's only information option was the local library of horribly outdated books? and what is the problem with having to read information to absorb it? Why do some people find it such a burden to read and learn? yet some will sit there and read a page of drivel about some random persons day and look at the pics of their plate of food. Getting a 'like' or an 'upvote' from some random person seems to provide many people with some sort of pleasure that I just cannot grasp. A while back I decided to join skyrim reddit simply because I adore this game and it's another forum for Skyrim, I didn't know anything about the site, well I heard of it of course, then discovered that there is this out of control up and down voting, made a few posts, newbies get no reaction on there so it was ok for a while but then some clown downvoted accurate information I provided which in turn triggered other clowns to also downvote the accurate information, I discovered the HIVE mind of the wretched site, logged out permanently, which annoys me, because I thoroughly enjoy providing information to people that haven't been playing and modding for a decade plus. Now, the downvote itself is not what bothered me, downvote me into oblivion I care not, but when you do that to accurate information causing people to skip the information due to it being down voted it becomes a waste of time on my part.

My conclusion, it's a combination of social engineering, social media and the shite that's in charge of the planet, I left 'the evil one who shall not be referred to' (has the word face in its title) years ago, I cannot be influenced, I think for myself freely and I am not the type of person the jackasses in power on this planet want, I have no respect for any of the them, I am more fit to lead people than all of them and I'm not fit to lead anyone so that says that. I would like to name the particularly bad ones, but I won't, that to me are simply WTF? We have a 'thing' that's decided to start a f&^&^%g war and take people's lives away from them solely for its own desire, not the people, shite like that does not belong in power, yet nothing whatsoever can be done about it, as it has world ending weapons, this is so painful as I am quiet the pacifist and find myself imagining bad things, seen that game where Supergirl's finisher is to punch them into space? Yeah, well..... If I must defend myself or be hurt it doesn't matter, still be ripped to the cop shop, printed and charged with assault for defending one's self, yet we have a thing that is the cause of many people's deaths and the thing is not being held to account, because it can't be, *%$% that, there's even talk of it freely going to world summits in other countries! this is outrageous! that thing should be arrested and tried as a war criminal but that's another thing that just can't be done due to nuclear weapons. Plus, solely because of that thing (we) are all paying double for each individual supermarket item, my grocery bill DOUBLED, not the 7% rise they say, fuel went from $1,30 a liter to over $2.30 a liter FFS. I and others are suffering due to one human being, let's hope that piece of shite stacked into the shape of a human doesn't nuke the planet on its deathbed. This is a light rip on that sod, if I type unrestricted it's instant ban.

Secondary conclusion, no, I have already told reincarnation if it's real don't you dare put me back with this lot, you put me somewhere I belong, if the only choice is here, destroy my energy then. The arrogance some people have to declare we are the only life in the universe is preposterous, 1. Look at how people treat people, are we really enlightened enough to have a universe solely devoted to us? HELL NO, 2. Science declares that every star has at least 1 planet, some stars are unsuitable for life as we know it, but all the G2 types are and there's billions of them 3. The physical evidence of the existence of stars via your own eyes cannot be denied, yet people can dispel all that and believe in something that has no physical evidence whatsoever and its logic can be defied by a 5-year-old, (you know what I'm talking about)

As you can tell I am pissed, I'm very pissed, that the rubbish in charge have been asleep at the wheel, western world sunk into an era of greed and ignored the shite brewing in the background. In the 70's the Lima agreement was signed with world rules giving China extra manufacturing rights to lift the country out of poverty, that worked out well, not.

That'll do.

There's so much information out there that it can become a chore trying to look through it/who has the time/who really cares/someone else out there will look it up and I'll trust them, I think it sort of comes down to. As for the likes, it's a dopamine rush among other things. Like gambling. Watching the stats rise, knowing someone else out there is viewing something you did or said. Especially if you've gone through some type of trauma in your life and you just want to feel as if you belong somewhere.

Hey man way I see it you do you and I'll do me, live and let live. My random rant to add to your random rant lol

There's so much information out there that it can become a chore trying to look through it/who has the time/who really cares/someone else out there will look it up and I'll trust them, I think it sort of comes down to. As for the likes, it's a dopamine rush among other things. Like gambling. Watching the stats rise, knowing someone else out there is viewing something you did or said. Especially if you've gone through some type of trauma in your life and you just want to feel as if you belong somewhere.

Hey man way I see it you do you and I'll do me, live and let live. My random rant to add to your random rant lol

I appreciate all people are unique and each to their own, I am fascinated with Physics and how reality actually works, did you know if you remove 1 electron from the shell of an arsenic atom it then has the exact same structure as a gold atom, fascinating, others may enjoy mountains of funny cat videos, others it may be reading about other people's lives on social media, as for the dopamine hit from a screen icon in the shape of a thumbs up I just don't understand and I never will, to me mod endorsements have no such effect either, they serve a purpose, an acknowledgement that the mod works as intended and people are using it. Jump out of a plane, now there's a dopamine hit. To me, all that thumbs up sh*t is just narcissistic, I can't believe the US actually elected the most narcissistic man on this planet and so many people think that clown actually cared about them in any way shape or form, every word, every action from that person was aimed at personal gratification any nothing more, he defines narcissist, I can see through that person like a pane of glass, that person would throw the women and children off the life boat so he can have it, he is more important than everyone, just ask him. I appreciate the reply which gave me a chance for a second rant, cheers bro.

LOL indeed, btw I have read many of your posts and it's obvious you are quite intelligent.

Thank You. :) I think some other folks here would have some somewhat less complimentary words to describe me. :) But, can't please everyone, right?

• 4 weeks later...

I was on a Reddit community because I suffer from an extremely rare illness with no cure and I was in my ignorance hoping to find someone just to chat to about it, someone that might have similar experiences but boy was I wrong.. I also have the very worst form of it. I was reading because I wasn't a part of Reddit, I'm not really a part of any social media truthfully.

I read just pure unadulterated bull***t about the disease and I just wanted to scream at these idiots passing around their information like it is knowledge that was gained like mine was or that it was knowledge that had real scientific evidence behind it. There really is no excuse for this scale of ignorance. Not only did I find out what my doctors said was very true (that my specific form of the illness makes my case on of if not the worst case of the illness they have ever experienced or read about ) but to then have these sad excuses for human beings share their "knowledge" with me just made me laugh until I was crying. Sharing foolish Naturopath "medical" knowledge as if it equals actual medical science. Naturopaths are mostly quacks and I have had terrible experiences with them. This illness I have is very rare and very few people ever experience it the way I have or seen the amount of medical doctors I have. Mine is experience gained through horrific physical pain and I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

Please pardon me, and my mini-rant but I have the worst time with it. I cannot work, I cannot save my little dog who is really ill now, I cannot stop the bank from coming after my home even and I am someone who is terribly ill now and the pain and suffering I go through when that is made light of, by someone that should know better irritates me. They even kicked me out for trying to advertise my GFM campaign and I have no friends or family so it makes life extra difficult. My situation in life right now is fairly unique and very difficult to explain. One of the few joys I have in life is modding Skyrim, Fallout and other games.

Some days I don't even want to be here anymore but I have responsibilities I cannot let go of and I have things I really want to accomplish in life. Things I am really looking forward to (I am NOT suicidal so please do not report me) I am simply going through things now that even with as much as I know I cannot change my situation now and it physically hurts. Recently there have been a spate of attempted break ins of my home and I finally caught the creeps last week and put the fear of ME and what I could do into them. They were really causing me intentional pain and distress and Friday I almost had a stroke - it calmed down after the emergency services got to me though. Since then last week this is the first time I modded Skyrim, I won't let those creeps take away my one small enjoyment in life. I was given my premium account last year by someone who knew I truly needed it after Skeever died and it really means a lot to me and was a wonderful gift.

Sorry Dashyburn, just had to vent a bit I didn't mean to try and take your thread over or anything, it's simply too hard some days to go through this and not really have anyone to talk to. I have lost all of my family the passed 3 years and the amount of loss plus going through this illness has made it impossible to adjust easily to my current circumstances. I really wish I just had someone or even a friend to talk to. I hope your situation eases for you and I agree with many of your points Dashyburn, the knowledge at people's fingertips and the complete and utterly inane **** they believe is simply mind blowing. But learning, teaching ourselves and learning from others, going to legit schools (if you're able to) is the ultimate way to lift ourselves up. It is truly the ONLY thing that has saved me to this point and something I value more than money, idolatry or anything phony people try passing off as real. I also believe that fighting for yourself, for others and for the good things in life are truly important.

Believe what is. Not what you think.

I'm using a very close relative of mine as the example, the target of the thought, whatever you want to call it.

In her particular case, some people are just too dumb to think for themselves. So they need other people to do the thinking for them.

When they try to do it on their own, they make a complete and utter jackass of themselves.

My opinion, is that it comes from people spending too much time at home. They're very much out of touch, and losing their place in reality.

This coming from... when I'm working, interacting with folks, normal, usual people kinds of things, I'm usually pretty likeable most of the time.

When I spent 8 months unemployed cuz of the covid lockdowns, I was cranky, irritable, lazy, and a host of other negative things that I'm too worn out to type.

We do have some pretty bright individuals here in the US. However, taken collectively, we got nothin' on a box o' rocks.....

Politicians have no concept of reality. (at least, I would like to think that's their excuse.) They have no clue what it is like to live as most folks in the US do. Their jobs are secure, their future is secure, they have some of the best benefits in the world... and some of the easiest working hours of any job. They get to legislate their own pay raises and benefits..... They are owned by their campaign contributors, to the point that if they want to get re-elected, they do what the rich special interests want, NOT what their constituents actually want/need. This is what the Citizens United (misnomer) decision got us.