Enemy Within Discovery Thread

Krazyguy75

Discovered that the mechanic for how Funding Council Requests/Missions are generated has changed rather dramatically.

For reference, in EU there was one FC Mission per month, usually at the end. If Slingshot was activated this FC Mission would be the Slingshot campaign mission; otherwise a random mission. FC Requests were generated every 20 or so days. Each FC Request has a research requirement, however, and if none were met you wouldn't get a request at all (common in the first month).

In EW the timing mechanic is completely changed. There are now 2 FC windows, determined by the config variables:

REQUEST_WINDOW1_MIN_DAY=5
REQUEST_WINDOW1_MAX_DAY=15
REQUEST_WINDOW2_MIN_DAY=17
REQUEST_WINDOW2_MAX_DAY=27
REQUEST_MISSION_CHANCE=50

Each window will automatically by a campaign (Progeny/Slingshot) if the timings are right. Otherwise there is a 50/50 chance that the window will generate a Mission or Request. If it rolls a request but you haven't met the research requirements you won't get anything.

With both Slingshot + Progeny active the first Campaign mission is in the first half of April.

I've had both the following experiences:

1) No FC Request or Mission in March. Both must have rolled for Requests and I didn't meet research requirement (I suppose). This can lead to some resource starvation.

2) Bomb Mission on March 12, and Satellite Launch request on March 27. Thin Men on March 12 was a PITA, but the resources from both of these was preferable to nothing at all.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to an unnamed russian site you can get modding to work on the 'alternate version' as you call it by using the .dll file from the chinese version.

Not going to risk listening to chinese and russians but you know... it may work... :wink:

You really should stop mentioning that. That stuff tends to not go over too well here. Just some friendly advice.

Also, has anyone found out where the info for Zhang's class and such is stored in Enemy Within? The old file that had to be edited, "DLC_Day60_SF.upk" doesn't appear to be there anymore.

Edited by FlyingHigh10000000

According to an unnamed russian site you can get modding to work on the 'alternate version' as you call it by using the .dll file from the chinese version.

Not going to risk listening to chinese and russians but you know... it may work... :wink:

Thanks, but it's only 27 hours til my real game unlocks. I rather wait than try some Chinese .dll which might set my pc on fire :D

Thanks, but it's only 27 hours til my real game unlocks. I rather wait than try some Chinese .dll which might set my pc on fire :D

I reasoned along similiar lines but thats still a lot of time

On the positive side, you'll be coming into the game with a lot more info than we did, regarding modding, eh?

Something I did find in DefaultGameCore.ini is that near the bottom, all of the flamethrower skill's numbers are there, easily-editable. I messed with a bit, made the character do two sweeps with the flamer, and widened the radius, made the stream go further, etc. Helps a lot. I just need to make the flames stronger. Seems weird that a mech wielding a flamer couldn't just shoot it straight through a wall.

Edited by FlyingHigh10000000