Enemy Within Discovery Thread

Krazyguy75

for ui moders heres all the EW Command1 SWF files.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/1iv06f02u1vv/Command1SWF.zip

Did you have any joy getting changes made to Command1.upk to show in-game? I've edited to the two parts needed for icon transparency as before but nothing is showing up. I'm wondering if there's a new "overlord" value somewhere...

EDIT: The SWF files unpacked from Command1.upk are now also found in UICollection_Strategy_SF.upk, and changes to the decompressed version of this file work.

More exciting for me, the new UICollection_Tactical_SF.upk also contains SWF files, and changing things in here applies to EVERY tactical mission map as far as I can see! This means I don't have to go through every map to sort out the icon display issue for nTex, saving me many many hours of work and making me want to marry whichever Dev made it happen :D

Edited by Neonin

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those interested I've put up the depacked SWF files from UICollection_Strategy_SF and UICollection_Tactical_SF at the following links:

UICollection Tactical

UICollection Strategy

@Neonin

I found the same thing and thought I posted it a few days ago but can't find it.

Link to my pull from the UICollection_x UPKs

http://www.filefactory.com/file/474n88649uzd/UI_Stuff.zip

You do realise ToolBoks has an option to export all SWF files from all UPK files?

There's no need to upload/download copyright assets, you can quickly and easily extract them yourself :smile:

I extracted (using Toolboks 1.4) and uploaded before Toolboks was updated to 1.6. I couldn't get 1.5.x to work at all with the EW files and 1.4 could no longer be downloaded.

For others: You want ToolBoks 1.6.0 (currently) for EW files. The older versions don't know about either the XEW sub-folder or the new *_SF.UPK files.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent