popup ads

mrjoeave13

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/117-feedback-suggestions-and-questions/

You're also going to need to give some more detail as to what you're talking about. Screenshots really help too.

Being a lil bit friendlier in your query will also save you being picked on by the dopamine crowd.

My first recommendation tho, is to check to see if you can disable auto play for videos in your browser.

But yeah :laugh: Ain't nuthin' like just surfing around the net, and all of a sudden get your ears blasted.

Learning your keyboard audio shortcuts will help with that. Or, I have a soundbar that has a volume dial, right in front of me.

First recommendation sticks tho. Look up how to turn that off, or if the browser you're using doesn't support it, pick one that does.

Another nice feature is if you can turn it off, the scrolling video. Like, it starts at the middle of the screen and then goes down the page as you scroll down. Youtube does that, and it's really annoying sometimes. (Especially on my phone)

Oh. To the original question. It's advertising. Helps pay the bills. Keeps the lights on. Keeps all the fun mods on the internet.

;)

Create mods. Get 1K+ in unique downloads. Problem solved. :dry:

Although I agree sound in advertising should remain a big NO-NO! (except on YT, maybe), its what showler says.

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There's also the perks of being able to access the modder's forums, which is kinda... :dry:

but there's also the added benefit of a slightly faster downloads cap.

Along with the removal of the ads.

But.

For those that don't mod. (Or even those that do).

And they wanna give back.

For about $6 USD per month, there's this nifty green banner that Showler and I rent.

No Ads. (Supposedly) unlimited download speed (I say supposedly, because waaaay too many internet companies [iSP's] cap download speeds)

Expanded space in your messages, and a few other things that I haven't had enough coffee yet, to remember.

Speaking of that. Time to go start the coffee pot!