NMM 0.50.0.0a now available for brave alpha testers

Dark0ne

In response to post #10108228.

Looks like you either have to reinstall NMM manually and place it in such a way that it doesn't take too much folder opening to access (ala Dark0ne's example), Or you have to open up the mod manually and check the file path to see if there are any unecessary folders. Like if there are 2 or 3 folders that just link to each other, like: Data/Textures/NPC/SuperAwesomeMod/ThisModIsGreat/TheRealModFile/etc.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dark0ne

I'm hesitant to try this out, primarily because I'm lazy and don't want to backup everything and try this out yet.

However, if you want to give an update in a few days or a week or something, letting us know if you feel like you've received sufficient testers or not, then that would motivate me to help out. Not that I anticipate a lack of testers.

In response to post #10109619. #10110187, #10111510 are all replies on the same post.

When I switch profiles it loads only the mods for that profile but it unchecks all of them and I have to recheck all my Nexus mods for that profile, all the Steam mods stay checked for it. Could it have something to do with FNIS since it says I need to run it for each profile with that mod? But I have switched back and forth a few times and have to recheck them each time so far. Edited by Avatar1971

BUG: When installing a mod and asked to overwrite it does not display the mod you are overwriting.

BUG: Mods using scripts to install files (other than .bsa files) will sometimes not define a target to the VirtualModActivator folder within the symbolic link file. It will have no target parameter at all. And because of this nulled reference when uninstalling these mods they do not remove the symbolic link files from the Fallout New Vegas/Data folder. Also the Mod manager does not update the install or disable button in the gui and after you uninstall the mod, the uninstall icon still shows instead of the install icon. However, I tried a mod with an install script not from nexus' site and it worked just fine.

WORK-AROUND: I can manually create the symbolic link using this command parameter in an elevated cmd. link Which will then correct the nulled reference and remove the files when the mods are uninstalled.

Mods Tried:

BEWARE OF GIRL Type 3 HiRez HiDetailed Replacer by BlackBlossom (bug was caused with all but 2 files)

The Mod Configuration Menu by Pelinor (bug was caused with all files)

The Weapon Mod Menu by Pelinor (bug was caused with all files)

One HUD - oHUD by Gopher (bug was caused with all files)

Unified HUD Project - uHUD by Gopher (bug was caused with all files)

Lings Coiffure NV by earache42 (all files worked properly)

I have noticed that .esm and .esp files are not being used as symbolic links even though they are stored within the VirtualModActivator folders. I don't know if this is intentional or not but if so it seems redundant to have them copied in both locations (wasted harddrive space)

MINI GUIDE : Installing optional files or manual files for specific mods

1. Download the desired mod.

2. Install the mod with Nexus Mod Manager 0.50.0.0 beta version.

3. If it asks to overwrite go ahead because this will create a symbolic link (symlink) file that references the file you want. (in this case the overwritten file)

4. Navigate to your mod install folder used by Nexus Mod Manager and look for a folder called VirtualModActivator within the mod install folder.

5. Then navigate to the corresponding folder for the mod you installed that contains optional files needed to be installed manually.

6. Now go to the file and click and drag it to the correct spot within that mod folder we just navigated too. This process is exactly the same as before but instead of doing it in the Data folder we are doing within the mods individual folder.

7. Be sure to follow the readme instructions provided by the mod author when adding optional files manually.

This usually applies texture mods or body replacement mods.

Edited by supersniper1

In response to post #10109619. #10110187, #10111487, #10111510 are all replies on the same post.

I opened a bug report but I was only able to post two screen shots (do to file sizes) of the second pages of mod manager of the before and after in the first post, so I added the page 1's of them in a second post, as a reply to mine, with links to them and one taken during the profile switch as well. I am guessing it might have something to do with FNIS only because I am getting a warning now from it that was not there before, and I saw another user opened a ticket that was having an issue with FNIS now. I will try out a few animations in game to see if they work or not, I will let you know if I run into any issues from them.

The warning says >>Warning: 1 non-FNIS behavior files in meshescharacterbehaviors. They CAN be the cause of Skyrim incompatibility:<<
0_master.hkx