I cannot remove Darnified UI from my game!

Psywizard

No joke...it is impossible to remove this "mod" from my game! I've tried everything I know...is there a way to completely obliterate this "mod" from my computer?

If you hover the cursor over the pipboy icon in the lower lefthand corner it's like it's laughing at you! Help!

EDIT: I was finally able to destroy this crap mod! The mod would persist in my game even though I uninstalled and removed it...I had to delete the Vortex staging file for FNV.

Edited by Psywizard

Have to make sure you remove all the assets of the mod from the data folder as well. Loose files override those packed in archives.....

I did. I've completely removed the game and deleted all the folders and reinstalled the game twice. The only thing I forgot to do is to remove the Vortex files...that might be the problem. How do I delete those files?

You will also have to reverse the changes that you or your mod manager made to the fonts in the .ini.

I deleted all FNV files and did a fresh install, twice. Both times the "mod" was right there waiting on me! XD

That is literally impossible.

If you delete your install folder and all subfolder it is completely impossible for DarnUI to still be installed.

The only possible way this could happen is if you have FNV installed in two different places and you are deleting the wrong one.

You will also have to reverse the changes that you or your mod manager made to the fonts in the .ini.

I deleted all FNV files and did a fresh install, twice. Both times the "mod" was right there waiting on me! XD

That is literally impossible.

If you delete your install folder and all subfolder it is completely impossible for DarnUI to still be installed.

The only possible way this could happen is if you have FNV installed in two different places and you are deleting the wrong one.

Here's my process...

Steam > SteamApps > Common > Fallout New Vegas > delete

Documents > My Games > FalloutNV > delete

Run > AppData > Local > FalloutNV > delete

Steam > Fallout: New Vegas > uninstall

What am I missing?

Are you using a mod manager?

Did you uninstall the mods before starting this so that the mod manager doesn't end up putting them back?

I'm using Vortex. My first step was to remove the mod, yes. There were/are no signs of the mod in my load order, yet it persists in my game.