How calls this effect, and how i can turn off this?

Pshhhhhhhhhh

looks like a shadow based issue or Low Quality Anti-Aliasing Method

3 potential causes

1. Shadow Quality:

Cause: Shadow Quality is set to Low

Solution: Set Shadow Quality To High - Ultra, and change Shadow Distance to low, so it doesnt burn your fps

Note: This issue is most notable on the character model, which causes Pixelation on the shadow parts of the Character Model, but it looks similiar to said images so thats why is mentioned as a potentional cause, and likewise potential solution is given.

2. Godrays:

Cause: Godrays set to Low

Solution: Set Godrays to ultra or disable it completely, by defualt the game will set to the lowest quality, its not actually possible to disable godrays in the launcher, this must be done in the Fallout4Prefs.ini file: so with ultra, create a text document (name it Godrays) inside fallout 4 root folder

And add this in said text document:

gr grid 12
gr scale .8
gr maxcascade 1
Save, Every time you launch the game open console (by Pressing the Tilde Key -> ' <-) and type: *Bat Godrays* <-- that will prevent ultra quality godrays from destroying your fps - input command without Asteriks.
Note: Low quality Godrays Lighting Pixelation, is mainly Noticed Outside, but it might be connected here also, so thats why it is mentioned and a possible solution is given. should also note that low quality godrays will cause pixelation in most lighting scenarios, ie pixelation around flora for example, basically anywhere that godrays would be, will also be pixelation, if their set to low. again also goes in conjucton with low quality shadows, which both combined causes an incredibly nasty visuals. mainly noticed on screenshots.
Alternatively Disable Godrays Completely - C:\Users\*Your Computer Name*\Documents\My Games\Fallout4 - Open Fallout4Prefs.ini
Locate: bVolumetricLightingEnable=1 <-- Change to 1 to 0
bVolumetricLightingEnable=0

3. Anti-Aliasing:

Cause: Low Quality Anti-Aliasing Method
Solution: Change Anti-Aliasing to TAA in fallout 4 launcher
Note: this primarily affects outlines of meshes, so as such also mentioned as a potential cause, and likewise a potential solution is given. as again the issue in the images looks like the outline of meshes.
Note: Low Quality Shadows = Causes Pixelation whenever Shadows are Present
Note: Low Quality Godrays = Causes Pixelation whenever Lighting is Present
Note: Trash Anti-Aliasing Method = Potentially Causes Pixelation around mesh objects, in conjunction with low quality shadows.
Note: their is a downside to TAA, Anti-Aliasing = It Will Cause distant blurring around flora for example.
Note: All Settings are found within the Fallout 4 Launcher.

Note: Click on Show to View Content.
Note: I am pretty Certain this is an Anti-Aliasing Problem, so as such Setting Anti-Aliasing to highest quality (TAA for Fallout 4) should solve it
as an additional assurance, you could Also ensure that in your video card settings, that Anti-Alisiang is also set to the highest quality. you could also override the game's Anti-Aliasing Method via using the Graphics Card Method if Applicable and if needed.
Edited by G4M3W1NN3R

looks like a shadow based issue or Low Quality Anti-Aliasing Method

3 potential causes

1. Shadow Quality:

Cause: Shadow Quality is set to Low

Solution: Set Shadow Quality To High - Ultra, and change Shadow Distance to low, so it doesnt burn your fps

Note: This issue is most notable on the character model, which causes Pixelation on the shadow parts of the Character Model, but it looks similiar to said images so thats why is mentioned as a potentional cause, and likewise potential solution is given.

2. Godrays:

Cause: Godrays set to Low

Solution: Set Godrays to ultra or disable it completely, by defualt the game will set to the lowest quality, its not actually possible to disable godrays in the launcher, this must be done in the Fallout4Prefs.ini file: so with ultra, create a text document (name it Godrays) inside fallout 4 root folder

And add this in said text document:

gr grid 12
gr scale .8
gr maxcascade 1
Save, Every time you launch the game open console (by Pressing the Tilde Key -> ' <-) and type: *Bat Godrays* <-- that will prevent ultra quality godrays from destroying your fps - input command without Asteriks.
Note: Low quality Godrays Lighting Pixelation, is mainly Noticed Outside, but it might be connected here also, so thats why it is mentioned and a possible solution is given. should also note that low quality godrays will cause pixelation in most lighting scenarios, ie pixelation around flora for example, basically anywhere that godrays would be, will also be pixelation, if their set to low. again also goes in conjucton with low quality shadows, which both combined causes an incredibly nasty visuals. mainly noticed on screenshots.
Alternatively Disable Godrays Completely - C:\Users\*Your Computer Name*\Documents\My Games\Fallout4 - Open Fallout4Prefs.ini
Locate: bVolumetricLightingEnable=1 <-- Change to 1 to 0
bVolumetricLightingEnable=0

3. Anti-Aliasing:

Cause: Low Quality Anti-Aliasing Method
Solution: Change Anti-Aliasing to TAA in fallout 4 launcher
Note: this primarily affects outlines of meshes, so as such also mentioned as a potential cause, and likewise a potential solution is given. as again the issue in the images looks like the outline of meshes.
Note: Low Quality Shadows = Causes Pixelation whenever Shadows are Present
Note: Low Quality Godrays = Causes Pixelation whenever Lighting is Present
Note: Trash Anti-Aliasing Method = Potentially Causes Pixelation around mesh objects, in conjunction with low quality shadows.
Note: their is a downside to TAA, Anti-Aliasing = It Will Cause distant blurring around flora for example.
Note: All Settings are found within the Fallout 4 Launcher.

Note: Click on Show to View Content.
Note: I am pretty Certain this is an Anti-Aliasing Problem, so as such Setting Anti-Aliasing to highest quality (TAA for Fallout 4) should solve it
as an additional assurance, you could Also ensure that in your video card settings, that Anti-Alisiang is also set to the highest quality. you could also override the game's Anti-Aliasing Method via using the Graphics Card Method if Applicable and if needed.

Thanks for big response. Shadow quality changing to 4096 didn't helped, godrays disabling too and TAA is already been set on. But i'm started changing some settings in BethINI and switching ambient occlusion to SSAO instead of HBAO+ solve my problem.

nice, i had a feeling it would be either anti-aliasing or ambient occlusion, i forgot to mention AO as they typically go hand in hand, when going for maximum visual fidelity, as such it slipped my mind.

but ye, no probs

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for big response. Shadow quality changing to 4096 didn't helped, godrays disabling too and TAA is already been set on. But i'm started changing some settings in BethINI and switching ambient occlusion to SSAO instead of HBAO+ solve my problem.

for me it looks like what you say. hbao/ssao effect. i recommend to disable them. cost too much fps and looks artificial. reshade offers much better ao effects like gloom.