Find out which mods are installed without Vortex

jack63ss

I have Skyrim, Skyrim SE with Dragonborn and Skyrim SE with Endreal all installed on my system (3 independent copies). My problem is I use Vortex to manage them and somehow the mods have gotten very confused. When I start Skyrim or SSE-DB I get messages that content is missing, but I can't figure out what it is. SSE-Endreal seems to be okay. Is there a way outside of Vortex to determine which mods are installed for a given version/copy ?

Guest deleted34304850

doing stuff outside of your mod manager is probably how you got into the mess you're in originally.

why don't you let the mod manager manage your mods? it knows how to do it far better than you.

I had been managing the mods using Vortex, which is why I don't understand what happened. I think used it to mess up what was installed and enabled with what. I am trying to figure out what Vortex "should" show, so I can figure out what to change in it. I assumed that if I did not use a mod manager that would still be a way to see what was enabled.

You can get that message if you removed a mod and for example forgott to remove a patch that is connected to that mod or another mod that is connected. Also if you are playing the same playthrough and have removed a mod, and didnt start new game, you get that message...

Ohh, also, Gopher is the king of Vortex and has a lot of videos for how to handle Vortex ....

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE7DlYarj-DfYgxma5znKGYEqAHDU_WU-

Hope you get it sorted!! PS as someone else said, do not mess with the mod manager ! :smile:

Edited by annak366