Anniversary Edition worth it; been away for a while.

keyah111

I am running AE 353 right now. It is quite fine, about everything I care about was updated. New content is kinda meh, no big deal.

The biggest factor, however, is that I would say at this point, if anybody is still developing .dll SKSE plugins for Skyrim, they are in most cases doing it for AE. SE (1.5.97) plugins are there and working, but they are pretty much frozen, and will not get further updates/fixes.

Regular mods should work for about any version, unless they require stuff from the new AE masters.

• 2 weeks later...

1.5.97 till the day I die. And I am having the most fun game since I started in 2011.

Do NOT get a Next Gen Computer. 1.5.97 is incompatible with the Adler i9 CPUs. DRM Technology is fully implemented in the CPUs. Windows 11 is full charge DRM. Mods which do not correct to Form 44 it is reading like Skyrim SE/AE as pirated software. DRM was the cause of Form 40 original Skyrim from 2011 to Form 43 due to new chips and Window Platform. Form 40 Windows XP, Form 43 Windows 7, and Form 44 is Windows 11.

So, unless you want to play on an antique computer you will be forced to upgrade to 1.6x and knowing Bethesda 1.7x.

Do you have an actual source for this...interesting information...you have been spreading?

Because it's a little weird to say that Form 44 is for Windows 11 when it was implemented five years ago, long before Windows 11 was a thing. And also because it has bugger all to do with Windows in any way.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like for every creation club add-on that was included in Anniversary Edition, a mod did it way better. Housing, weapons, quests ect. Iv played through the majority of the CC content in Anniversary Edition, but never found a ton of it super engaging minus a few like saints and seducers.

Now a days, I just downgrade my Skryim to 1.5.97 and don't bother with the CC content, and while the CC content is esl flagged, it takes up too many plugin slots with the form of compatibility patches from various mods.