ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Recruit Intelligent NPCs

AndreChau

While I have not used it as such for recruiting vanilla NPCs, I've seen a couple of vids about it on Youtube, where people have used AFT for doing so.

Unless there's been an update to the mod since those vids (And I am sooooo sorry, I don't remember when they were posted :( ) It does work.

But.

They're just followers. Not full fledged companions. Think earlier Fallout games.

And

They don't get the essential flag. Like Companions. Again, think earlier Fallout games.

But. (yes, I like buts. :D )

You can add the essential flag to them, via console command.

And.

The same with their inventory. Accessing it via console.

IF.

it was something to try out, I myself would make bat files of those commands to simplify the process.

I just said that haha.

You can choose, Make Settler/Just Follow/Full Companion Import.

You can change most of their attributes but using the hotkey on them a second time, including essential/protected. (& Voice, outfits, fighting style, bravery, follow distance, etc)

But it reduces stability and compatibility which is why I said use at own risk.

How much of the properties of an NPC can be copied by script? That is, could you make a "vessel" base NPC that has the workshopparentscript attached, spawn one, and then overwrite everything else with the properties of the NPC that should be made a settler?

(I kinda want to know this myself, for maybe spawning settlers and enemies that have their face morph values somewhere between two randomly selected templates, making them 100% unique.)

I just said that haha.

You can choose, Make Settler/Just Follow/Full Companion Import.

You can change most of their attributes but using the hotkey on them a second time, including essential/protected. (& Voice, outfits, fighting style, bravery, follow distance, etc)

But it reduces stability and compatibility which is why I said use at own risk.

Hiyas Absol. Yes, yes you did :)

I was just throwing in what I knew about using the function *shrug*

Ooo. I'd forgotten about that. Being able to change some of their settings like the voice and stuff.

Noice!

How much of the properties of an NPC can be copied by script? That is, could you make a "vessel" base NPC that has the workshopparentscript attached, spawn one, and then overwrite everything else with the properties of the NPC that should be made a settler?

(I kinda want to know this myself, for maybe spawning settlers and enemies that have their face morph values somewhere between two randomly selected templates, making them 100% unique.)

I can't think of the actual names of the mods that do it. But yes, there Are mods that do what you are describing.

Why only one Super Mutant and no girls?

...it was cheaper.

This was "It Just Barely Works" Bethy at its so-called best, the same folks that used the Oblivion Potato People model for asexual children in Skyrim. Just expect it, already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The answer to any question starting, "Why don't they--?" is almost always, "Money." - Robert Anson Heinlein, in The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Ok, yeah I've been thinking about stuff like this for a while...

There a lot of mods that add head parts...

There are also a lot of overlays applied to NPCs, (even in vanilla game).

It would be nice to be able to wrangle these, and have them randomly applied by race/faction/gender/etc.

The blending features/traits thing is used to make father from SS and spouse IIRC.

So it's in the engine somewhere... :wink: