Things that just don't make sense...!

StormWolf01

I had that exact same flaw with Cyborg from Teen Titans.

His strength comes from mechanical augmentation. His human parts shouldnt matter, so him working out, is irrelevant.

Why is it, that you can only shoot the core out of a PA? I have not once, ever seen a NPC do it.

Does it still blow up if a NPC Can do it? Is the player stuck inside the armor as it overloads, the way that NPCs are, when we do it?

PA Pilot: "Why does the access port for the fusion core extend all the way into the pilot's compartment?"

Engineer: "So that if the situation demands that the pilot self destruct the core, all security risk assets are destroyed in the detonation."

PA Pilot: "But...! I'm still inside!!"

Engineer: "All security risk assets are destroyed in the detonation."

Jumping off the Prydwyn in a suit of PA. Powerlanding, standing right up, and walking away from it.

No. That's a serious jolt to the knees, hips, and spine. You're not walking away from that! (Meh, it's a game, don't overthink it)

People can finely manipulate tools to pick something as complicated as a lock, while wearing PA, using buttons and levers to move the fingers and hands of the armor,

But they can't type while in it. :huh:

Weapon's ammunition automatically fill back up to full when you bring them out. I wish all my IRL guns did that! It would save me a lot of time and sore thumbs!

OH!!! And didn't previous games have a groin shot in VATS???? Or was that a meme?

Well, I would imagine that you still need good stamina, even in Power Armor....

I believe that ejecting your FC is a perk, and so far as I know, NPC's don't get perks, at all.

Ejecting the core I would think shoots it a distance away from you??? Or does it blow up in place? I've never tried it. (I don't do much with power armor, too much of a hassle.)

SHOOTING someone elses core? Yeah, I have done that before. Looks rather cool with body parts flying everywhere. :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blinx...! :woot: :woot: OOOOOOOO !! I wanna try that out!

ya know... for... curiosity sake.... :whistling:

Actually, just for SnG :laugh: Thanks for the recommendation!

God... omg...can't think of his name!!! The channel where the dude dresses his character up in a sack hood, with a shrunken head...! And he talks with a thick accent. Meh... he's always talking about shooting SM's in the word that rhymes with wenis...!

In the older games, wasn't it one of those... not so favorable type achievements if you did that too often? Or like, negative karma or something like that?

Yeah I don't play PA too often either. Tho too, I'm a 3rd person player. Who sneaks a lot.

Watching the way the armor distorts from the center of the torso down, just isn't... enjoyable. Not when crouching and moving.

And TBH I'd rather get my worn armor values, not the PA values. Rad resist is hella nice tho! Extra carry weight would be a huge benefit. (If I didn't bring pack mules.... ERRRR....! Companions I mean..!)

And yeah... gattling and mini guns look better on a PA char, IMO.

I've put together some NPC builds tho, for PA companions. To have that "extra heavy gunner" type companion.

I have kinda wanted to try out the "autopilot" or "AI" type mods for PA. Or I'd be willing to try out PA a bit more, if I tried out one of the "auto delivery" (Can we say airdrop? Oh yes... yes we can..!) mods. Just enver never really got around to it.

For autopilot just hit "x" (by default) anytime. (be sure to have a quest selected in Pip-Boy).

Sentinel Armor* Oxhorn Video, (Creation Club Content)

*this is not an endorsement in way and is only included as proof of concept. :armscrossed:

Edit: Actually "Below the Belt" needs an "All Groin Shots are Criticals" patch. :facepalm:

Edited by Blinxys

God... omg...can't think of his name!!! The channel where the dude dresses his character up in a sack hood, with a shrunken head...! And he talks with a thick accent. Meh... he's always talking about shooting SM's in the word that rhymes with wenis...!

In the older games, wasn't it one of those... not so favorable type achievements if you did that too often? Or like, negative karma or something like that?

Yeah I don't play PA too often either. Tho too, I'm a 3rd person player. Who sneaks a lot.

Watching the way the armor distorts from the center of the torso down, just isn't... enjoyable. Not when crouching and moving.

And TBH I'd rather get my worn armor values, not the PA values. Rad resist is hella nice tho! Extra carry weight would be a huge benefit. (If I didn't bring pack mules.... ERRRR....! Companions I mean..!)

I've put together some NPC builds tho, for PA companions. To have that "extra heavy gunner" type companion.

I have kinda wanted to try out the "autopilot" or "AI" type mods for PA. Or I'd be willing to try out PA a bit more, if I tried out one of the "auto delivery" (Can we say airdrop? Oh yes... yes we can..!) mods. Just enver never really got around to it.

I play in first person, so, what I look like, simply doesn't matter. :)

Sneaking in power armor... Now there is something that REALLY doesn't make sense...... You should NEVER be able to sneak in PA. That is just incredibly counter-intuitive. :D Anyone within earshot should KNOW exactly where you are.

For autopilot just hit "x" (by default) anytime. (be sure to have a quest selected in Pip-Boy).

*this is not an endorsement in way and is only included as proof of concept. :armscrossed:

Edit: Actually "Below the Belt" needs an "All Groin Shots are Criticals" patch. :facepalm:

I've actually seen Ox's video about the CC PA mod. :thumbsup: When I was thinking about buying it. Kinda glad that I saw that vid. Cuz I didn't.

Buy it. I mean. He did really well with the video. As most of his vids are pretty good, when they're game related.

Critical strike, and chance of stagger. Particularly in melee. Maybe less so for high speed rounds. Possibly even minor chance of paralysis. :D

i'ma have to look into the critical strike stuff. when I get around to DLing that mod, I'm gonna out the other edits the author made to it. So I may look into that :D Very tempting to look into how the live dismemberment mods work, to add to it too :D

Maybe a few months ago. There was a cop at an airport that had this mod installed, when he took down a wannabe mass shooter. Wasn't hugely on the news, bcuz shooter was black female. But the vids are out there. It's an entertaining watch :laugh:

I play in first person, so, what I look like, simply doesn't matter. :smile:

Sneaking in power armor... Now there is something that REALLY doesn't make sense...... You should NEVER be able to sneak in PA. That is just incredibly counter-intuitive. :D Anyone within earshot should KNOW exactly where you are.

Meh, big guns take up too much POV real estate IMO. And I myself like being able to see what's outside the perspective of 1st person. But hey, play the way that you enjoy ;)

There is a way that is very immersive to sneak in PA.

Jump out of the PA where it is in their sight, sneak around to the side, and pop them in the head from range :D

Tactics :D

But yeah. I agree. It's just too noisy. Stealth boy makes sense, cuz it's only active when not moving.

I've actually seen Ox's video about the CC PA mod. :thumbsup: When I was thinking about buying it. Kinda glad that I saw that vid. Cuz I didn't.

Buy it. I mean. He did really well with the video. As most of his vids are pretty good, when they're game related.

Critical strike, and chance of stagger. Particularly in melee. Maybe less so for high speed rounds. Possibly even minor chance of paralysis. :D

i'ma have to look into the critical strike stuff. when I get around to DLing that mod, I'm gonna out the other edits the author made to it. So I may look into that :D Very tempting to look into how the live dismemberment mods work, to add to it too :D

Maybe a few months ago. There was a cop at an airport that had this mod installed, when he took down a wannabe mass shooter. Wasn't hugely on the news, bcuz shooter was black female. But the vids are out there. It's an entertaining watch :laugh:

I play in first person, so, what I look like, simply doesn't matter. :smile:

Meh, big guns take up too much POV real estate IMO. And I myself like being able to see what's outside the perspective of 1st person. But hey, play the way that you enjoy :wink:

There is a way that is very immersive to sneak in PA.

Jump out of the PA where it is in their sight, sneak around to the side, and pop them in the head from range :D

Tactics :D

But yeah. I agree. It's just too noisy. Stealth boy makes sense, cuz it's only active when not moving.

In Real life, that would probably work fairly well, but, in the Fallout universe, enemies have a well-developed sense of ESP.... They would *know* you weren't in there, and make a beeline straight toward you. :) Of course, that doesn't make sense either. :D

In Real life, that would probably work fairly well, but, in the Fallout universe, enemies have a well-developed sense of ESP.... They would *know* you weren't in there, and make a beeline straight toward you. :smile: Of course, that doesn't make sense either. :D

That's actually one of the more annoying things with RPG & RTS games. They usually (always) 'cheat'. The "fog of War" only exists for the player.

Edited by RoNin1971

HY- I missed a comment you made earlier. About the operator of PA still needing stamina. We (my RPG group) had a similar discussion about that, many years back when playing tabletop was a thing. Power armor in a game named RIFTS.

Our conclusion was that Yes, it Did actually put a physical effect on the pilot, due to the armor moving their body around. IE: Their legs pumped, when the armor walked/ran/jumped.

Their arms were being moved around, when the armored figure swung a weapon around. Stuff like that.

(The argument was that pilots would start to suffer muscle atrophy from too long in a suit)

As for things that don't make sense. In the institute playthrough, after Shaun names you the Director. And, you don't get to make any decisions. :verymad:

Just agree to disagree with the Directorate :rolleyes:

(Tho you CAN start up an insurrection, and a rebellion! :D :yes: )

Heh. Aye. The omnipotence of the NPC. Beth throws a lot of that into their games. Either by behavior/gameplay, or story telling.

Well, this went off topic fast!

The urge to yeet Marcy from a great heig notwithstanding, this is about things that make no sense. The lack of paper when you scrap newspapers, for instance, or hpw there are no actual bloatfly larva in the game despite Bloatflies and Syringers using them as ammunition. Dr. Penske being the one to need Fusion corse despite the De Luca siblings being in charge of reactor maintenence. Like that.

(I chose those specific examples as they've yet to be modded. Preston's silliness is much reduced by Who's The General while the Thuggyverse settles the hash of the other factions. Despite the masively great Syringer Overhaul, the lack of bloatfly larva persists, I feel like I was kicked in the groin when I'm trying to get into 81 the first time, and Bethesda seems to not understand how salvage, industry, or capitalism in general work.)

HAHA yes, topics tend to go off the road quite often, we're not a very active forum :D ;)

I wish there was catapults in this game. Hogtie Marcy up, toss her in the cup, and YEET!

Followed by Preston. "Another settlement needs your HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLP!!!" :laugh:

Bloatfly larva is cut content. Pretty sure there's some files in the fallout4.esm about them.

But yeah. Another nonsense decision on the Dev's part.

WHAT!? Bethesda understanding players??

Oh wait, yeah... "Things that don't make sense!" :laugh: :laugh:

Ok so out of curiosity. What's paper used for? In the game, I mean.