How do I change the mod deploy order in Vortex?

JadianRadiator
Go to solution Solved by showler,

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted34304850

I need mods deployed in a specific order to be bale to trust that Vortex did everything in the order I want it to.

you seem to have some definite opinions on this, so care to explain why you "need" this?

• 6 months later...

I need mods deployed in a specific order to be bale to trust that Vortex did everything in the order I want it to.

you seem to have some definite opinions on this, so care to explain why you "need" this?

I can.......

A program called GFV needs the esm & esl files placed *BEFORE* the esp files.

Vortex, for some unglodly reson, puts them in BACKWARDS order, meaning that if you install an ESM file & then install an ESP file, the esp file loads FIRST, in load order & plug-ins.

Besides, ESM & ESL files should be at the top of the list anyway.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can.......

Vortex, for some unglodly reson, puts them in BACKWARDS order, meaning that if you install an ESM file & then install an ESP file, the esp file loads FIRST, in load order & plug-ins.

Everything you said was incorrect.

ESM and ESL files ALWAYS load before ESP files. This is a function of the game and Vortex can't affect it.

If you think that ESP files are loading before ESM/ESL files, then you have the list sorted by something other than "mod index".

Also, this thread was about deploy order, not load order so you are discussing the wrong thing anyway.

Guest deleted34304850

I can.......

no, it doesn't. if it did then no-one's game would work. ever.

I can.......

Go to "My Doicuments /My Games /Fallout 4" & see for yourself.

The loadorder text file & plugin text file shows them being loaded in the wrong order.

........Unless you say the game somehow no longer uses these files??

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

Maybe one or more of the mods you use has an improperly set esm flag. This often happens when someone messes up in making an esl-flagged esp, they make it a master file as well, at least in Skyrim SE/AE. I hope that I am writing it properly. I have never had the problem.

You can use xEdit to check the mod headers.

Guest deleted34304850

I can.......

Go to "My Doicuments /My Games /Fallout 4" & see for yourself.

The loadorder text file & plugin text file shows them being loaded in the wrong order.

........Unless you say the game somehow no longer uses these files??

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

i can't see your stuff.

but what you described, and how you describe it would be a fundamental, game breaking scenario, where the game would never load successfully. for anyone. obviously that isn't the case.