How do I change the mod deploy order in Vortex?

JadianRadiator
Go to solution Solved by showler,

I'm willing to entertain that, but the 3,000 lb elephant in the room is why is Vortex loading stuff out of order to begin with?

If I install "furniture.esp" in Vortex, and then "Paintings.esp", Paintings shows up FIRST in my plug-ins & load order files. Why does it do this?

:ohmy:

And, more importantly, how do I fix it? (If possible?)

You have not provided any proof that Vortex *does* load stuff out of order. You refer to files in the wrong directory (quote: Go to "My Doicuments /My Games /Fallout 4" & see for yourself.)

And you use a tool that clearly states it's in an early version to "prove" that the load order is wrong.

Meaning:

- We don't know if the order is actually wrong

- If the order is wrong we don't know if it's the actual load order file containing the wrong order

- If the order is wrong we don't know if it was Vortex that created it

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to entertain that, but the 3,000 lb elephant in the room is why is Vortex loading stuff out of order to begin with?

If I install "furniture.esp" in Vortex, and then "Paintings.esp", Paintings shows up FIRST in my plug-ins & load order files. Why does it do this?

:ohmy:

And, more importantly, how do I fix it? (If possible?)

You have not provided any proof that Vortex *does* load stuff out of order. You refer to files in the wrong directory (quote: Go to "My Doicuments /My Games /Fallout 4" & see for yourself.)

And you use a tool that clearly states it's in an early version to "prove" that the load order is wrong.

Meaning:

- We don't know if the order is actually wrong

- If the order is wrong we don't know if it's the actual load order file containing the wrong order

- If the order is wrong we don't know if it was Vortex that created it

Ok, I referred to the wrong folder, so that makes my premise wrong also?

"No true Scottsman" in full effect, I see.

I've already caught you in a lie when you said these files were not used.

If they aren't used, why does Vortex rewrite them?

And if Vortex isn't installed, guess what? The EXE rewirites them!

So I guess they ARE used, they ARE important, and you have NO INTENTION of fixing the problem.

But that's ok, there's always MO2 to fall back on........

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No true Scotsman would make these claims without providing screenshots, correct data paths and answering questions when asked. Without those there is no way to confirm the problem yet alone solve it.

But that's probably fine. You seem to be the only one out of millions of users having this problem anyway.

Oh, lookie here!

:pirate:

Yeah, he told you that one used by Vortex to communicate with other mod management tools, not with the game. And your screenshot doesn't show the issue you are reporting, when the file was modified or where it is located.

No true Scotsman would make these claims without providing screenshots, correct data paths and answering questions when asked. Without those there is no way to confirm the problem yet alone solve it.

But that's probably fine. You seem to be the only one out of millions of users having this problem anyway.

No, I'm just one of those people willing to see if things can be fixed. Most gave up long ago.......

:sick:

Ok, so you're very likely trolling so I'm out.

If you're actually having a problem, this is a case of PEBKAC. The way you fix it is you take a step back, realize that you are misunderstanding how things work and what people have been telling you. With that understanding, re-read what you have been told. Everything you need is there.

Ok, so you're very likely trolling so I'm out.

If you're actually having a problem, this is a case of PEBKAC. The way you fix it is you take a step back, realize that you are misunderstanding how things work and what people have been telling you. With that understanding, re-read what you have been told. Everything you need is there.

LMAO! You literally lie to my face, then call me a troll?

That's rich bro.......But hey, it's all good.

I'll be making a video showing Vortex installing my mods in the wrong order in loadorder & plugins, the files YOU SAID were not being used.

:thumbsup:

Oh, lookie here!

:pirate:

Yeah, he told you that one used by Vortex to communicate with other mod management tools, not with the game. And your screenshot doesn't show the issue you are reporting, when the file was modified or where it is located.

No, he said THIS:

"b) The loadorder text file is indeed not used by the game, never has been"

Sounds pretty cut & dry to me......

:huh: