A never ending story

Gabbemaster

They were called to a halt by PC 'Bobby' Socks.

"Running up that ladder will put you all in a tight spot. As far as I can see there are no snakes to slide down. If you pass go, you will be sent to jail. So go to jail immediately and do not pass go. Unless you are a sock belonging to Colonel Mustard, in which case you should be in the Library about to be used to strangle Miss Scarlett or for some other trivial pursuit. Get back down this instant!!!"

Having bellowed the command PC Bobby Socks finds he is a little horse. He gallops madly off in all directions coming face to face with....

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PC Bobby Socks quickly presses a new clear button and wipes himself out of the thread. He returns moments later as a new Bee, which really gives him a buzz! The device explodes with no effect on the bee. I suppose you could say it 'bombed'.

One sock however wanted....

.."It's ok! I'm fine!" Said the now radiation-damaged sock Soggie.

"I'm... Oh, poo... I've transformed in to a nuclear sock! I have ultimate power! Bow before me! Or I use my new power, and turns you all in to BIG chees-nuggets!"

The other socks slowly backed away, but one sock, the bravest of them, took a step forward...

... and declared:

'This is one small step for a sock, but a giant leap for sockkind!'

immediately followed by 'I sock therefore I am'

This puzzled the nuclear sock greatly, and after a long discussion about the meaninglessness of fabric conditioners and the limits of sensory perception when trapped inside a shoe the two socks began to ponder an enigma that had mystified sockkind ever since the first heel was turned.

If shoes, as is generally agreed, have soles, then why not socks?

And so....

...They desided to declair war against the shoes, because, even socks had thier rights! And if shoes was alowed to have soles, then the socks should have soles to!

And the socks begun to gather the forces required for an invasion of...

the shoe-base...

They tried to persuade the holey sock to join them as she must surely know most about soles.

She complained the hole 'soles' thing sounded fishy but she was sure there was a sock sole in Dover. It smelt of a particular fabric conditioner making it the sole sole that was both a Dover sole and a lemon sole.

But she added that it was not really the thyme or the plaice for a discussion on soles and 'eels. The shoes were already out of their trees! (Parr for the course.) The outlook was bleak, with scarcely a ray of hope.

Until Soggie remembered the tuner and....

The sudden appearance of Soggie's lord and master the Dark(sockeater)0ne frightens all the socks into sudden quietness.

But Soggie is too nuclear to care. "Sock it to him!" he yells, leaping several feet to get to the tormentor.

"Sock him to death!" Stocking up on some excellent aggregate, he becomes the 'fearsome sock of total annihilation'. Unfortunately the extra weight....