⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Fallout 3 Mod Detectives

Malinthebeast

Anybody knows if there is a mod to make the Nuka Cola Quantums more glowing?

I often miss them because they nearly look like regular Nuka Colas.

Or is this because Im using NMC retexture mod? Im not sure if they are changed by that.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or is this because Im using NMC retexture mod? Im not sure if they are changed by that.

Wut? They GLOW. There's no damn way you can claim they look like regular Nuka Cola. The only way that's possible is if you use low settings or use whatever mod your talking about.Otherwise,they glow. And you cant miss them unless your blind or something.

Not that I am aware of to make them glow more intensely.

but 5 minutes in the geck, you can duplicate them all just once and save the info in an esp file and they will glow twice as bright.

Does that answer the question?

kitty

Or you can make your own replacer with nifskope.

Find the good mesh in the Meshes.bsa

Clutter\QuestItems\MS05QuantumNukaCola.NIF

then open it with nifskope, select the last NiTriStrips of the list, (the nuka itself not the bottle)

expend the NiMaterialProperty under

Find Emit Multi (it should be at 15, change to 25 or 30 maybe)

save that file as a new file on your desktop but keep the same name

Create this folders in your data if they don't already exist:

meshes\Clutter\QuestItems\

and place here your new .nif that you just created on your desktop.

Edited by GePalladium

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know if there is a mod that fixes the fast travel destination points? So that you do not pop up in the middle of a hostile space, like rubbing shoulders with a super-mutant?

I only ask because I made such a mod awhile back, just saw it when I was deleting old files. It seems like the devs were a bit rushed getting this game out, and in 90% of the case they forgot to link an X marker with the map marker. As a result, when you fast travel, you just end up at the map marker, which is usually at the center of any given point of interest. I went through and fixed it so you travel to the logical entry point to any given location, like Bethesda does with all their other titles. I am certain that my mod is not complete. I remember getting a bit frustrated at the way the city area was divided into so many worldspaces, and the lack of a good resource map to help navigate the morass. That said, I did fix a large portion of the destinations, and with feedback from the community I am willing to track down the rest.

If this mod does not exist already, I will release my mod in it's current state, and work with everyone to fully complete it.

Edited by eric31415