RoF bug.

H4RDC0R3V1B3Z

The RoF bug is an automatic weapon (the Handmade Rifle, for instance) will randomly increase its Rate of Fire by a rather large amount, typically ending up in the 300s. This might sound like a good thing, but when your 90 RoF rifle fires, the sounds and animations are all screwy, not to mention it's very immersion-breaking (at least for me).

"Like an automatic radium rifle, the handmade rifle with an automatic receiver will occasionally have a glitched high fire rate; i.e., with the powerful automatic receiver, the fire rate may be 113, or 374. [verified]"

This has been a vanilla issue for as long as I can remember and happens across any mod weapons too. I recently experienced this problem with Wasteland Melody's Service Rifle.

If you haven't experienced it, then I think you're very lucky, because it annoys me on a regular basis lol.

That might explain it, because I literally never use the Handmade Rifle. I replace it with something like a Ruger Mini-14.

In Fallout, Soviet Bloc never collapses so it's simply hard to imagine how you'd have Handmade Rifles modeled after a platform that didn't exist in any kind of quantity in the very heart of U.S. Weapons Manufacturing - the Northeast.

That said I've probably put at least a million rounds through Sayaheca's Uzi and Utherien's MAC-10 - have never seen this issue once.

Edited by fraquar

Yeah, it's doesn't necessarily fit but it makes a nice sound and overall, it's a great weapon (made even better by Weapons Overhaul Redux).

Always weird development choices in Bethesda games. Surely the return of the Chinese Assault Rifle would have been a better fit? Considering it was in previous games and available in other parts of the US at the time. The occasional rifle could have made its way across the country.

But yes, for now the problem isn't quite so annoying as with WO-R, I can simply reload the weapon with the same ammo, using an ammo swap and it resets the RoF. Thankfully.

Still a pain, albeit less of one now.

• 2 weeks later...

I look at the Handmade Rifle, where it's placed in the game and just shake my head.

Nuka World is the last bastion of Cowboy Action Shooting (i.e. "Entertainment of the Masses") - so they put a Western Revolver there, but the other weapon is a 30rd mag fed AK?

What on earth were they thinking? Handmade Rifle should have been a Lever Carbine - in .357, .44 Magnums, or if they wanted to really go "old skool" then .44-40.

Even a Lever Action Shotgun makes more sense in Nuka World than an AK.

Edited by fraquar

I look at the Handmade Rifle, where it's placed in the game and just shake my head.

Nuka World is the last bastion of Cowboy Action Shooting - so they put a Western Revolver there, but the other weapon is a 30rd mag fed AK?

What on earth were they thinking? Handmade Rifle should have been a Lever Carbine - in .357, .44 Magnums, or if they wanted to really go "old skool" then .44-40.

Aye. That was some lazy shtuff on Beth's part. Originally it was meant to be in the vanilla game as the "assault rifle". Similar to what the previous games had. Parts of it, are listed in the original files. However, they decided instead to go with that absolute monstrosity of bashed together machinegun parts instead. :sick: :pinch:

And since they'd already made up the models, they decided to go ahead and use them.

Agreed. It most definitely does NOT fit with the "western" theme for Nuka World, but I am glad they brought it into the game.

Also 45-70 to go hardcore :D