Any way to EFFECTIVELY transfer an enchantment

tomtheclone

I get drops in the game for gear with enchantments on them, but I want those enchantments on my gear that I get from mods. Though i know that there isn't a way to transfer directly (though there was such a mod for TES:IV), I also know that when I disenchant the drop and then enchant my stuff the power is level. I tried using player.advskill enchanting 250 to get it up to 100, then taking all relevent perks as well as drinking an enchanting elixer, and using a grand soul gem. Still, it isn't enough to get a full powered enchantment

Is there something else I can try? I don't mind usings mods or cheats.

Try something like this in console:

player.modav enchantingpowermod 100

This increases your enchanting ability by 100% (2x power of enchantment) later put back -100 if you want to go back to normal. You can also go over 100 like 500.

Try something like this in console:

player.modav enchantingpowermod 100

This increases your enchanting ability by 100% (2x power of enchantment) later put back -100 if you want to go back to normal. You can also go over 100 like 500.

That didn't work.

The enchantment that I am most interesting in at the modent is Fortify Resteration and Magica Regeneration. On my robe I have on it gives 12% cost reduction of 50% regenereation. When I try to enchant it, with no perks its 6% reduction (or something like that. I don't want to put up just to check) and 10% regeneration. As I add perks the cost reduction scales as expected, however the regeneration does not. Using "player.modav enchantingpowermod 500" changes neither value.

Edited by tomtheclone

I STRONGLY suggest you to learn how to use the basics of the Creation Kit.

Believe me, I'm a COMPLETE ignorant when the subject is modding. But learning how to do a few things on the creation kit is really easy.

For example,

You can create your own enchanted armor with the exact "%" numbers. Here's how I would do it.

1) Open Creation Kit
2) Load **the mod where the armor comes from***.esp
*** DO NOT set anyone as "active file"
3) Say "ignore" and "yes to all" to the pop-up messages that appear.
4) Go on "Magic -> Enchantment", find the one you want, press "duplicate"... name it whatever... (I like to put 000, in the name of all things I'm messing with)
5) Double click the effect name, edit "magnitude" to whatever number you want. (In your case, the exact same number of the armor you found)
6) Go on "Items -> Armors", find the one you want, press "duplicate" ... name it whatever.
7) On "Enchanting" select the enchantment you just created.
8 )Press save, name your esp whatever. I would call it "playerArmors". (I have "playerBooks.esp" for my personal diaries... for example)

Put the esp in your load order. Have fun.

Follow this method: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1342463-complete-character-design-freedom-damage-resist-caps-and-ridiculous-damage-thread-10/

You want the enchantment and alchemy boosts.

If it still doesn't work, I think regeneration is not effected by enchantment boosts.

That seems to be the case then

I STRONGLY suggest you to learn how to use the basics of the Creation Kit.

Believe me, I'm a COMPLETE ignorant when the subject is modding. But learning how to do a few things on the creation kit is really easy.

For example,

You can create your own enchanted armor with the exact "%" numbers. Here's how I would do it.

1) Open Creation Kit

2) Load **the mod where the armor comes from***.esp

*** DO NOT set anyone as "active file"

3) Say "ignore" and "yes to all" to the pop-up messages that appear.

4) Go on "Magic -> Enchantment", find the one you want, press "duplicate"... name it whatever... (I like to put 000, in the name of all things I'm messing with)

5) Double click the effect name, edit "magnitude" to whatever number you want. (In your case, the exact same number of the armor you found)

6) Go on "Items -> Armors", find the one you want, press "duplicate" ... name it whatever.

7) On "Enchanting" select the enchantment you just created.

8 )Press save, name your esp whatever. I would call it "playerArmors". (I have "playerBooks.esp" for my personal diaries... for example)

Put the esp in your load order. Have fun.

Yeah, I may have to do that. There is some "armor" that looks like it should have an armor rating of zero (its that kind of gear) that I want to strip of all protective qualities anyway so I may as well learn to use the creator. That's what I did back with NWN 1. But of course I was also a modder.

One more question: how do I give you Kudos?

Edited by tomtheclone

Yeah, I may have to do that. There is some "armor" that looks like it should have an armor rating of zero (its that kind of gear) that I want to strip of all protective qualities anyway so I may as well learn to use the creator. That's what I did back with NWN 1. But of course I was also a modder.

One more question: how do I give you Kudos?

Why thank you ^^

To give kudos you have to enter my profile, then click "Nexus Profile", the kudos section of my profile will be between "Message" and "Views".

Did you follow the advice posted earlier? If so, you also need to duplicate the Armor Addon form as well as the Armor form and link the new Armor Addon form to the Armor form. You may even need to extract the meshes & textures for the armor in question from the original mod's BSA if you will not be using that mod at all.

What I said was wrong, Ishara?

You definitely understand a lot more than I.

I was pretty sure that was the process I used to edit some armor in the past. I think my memory has failed me just now, it has been a while since then (a month or so).... Since you corrected me I started to remember that I had issues with invisible body/armor, so yeah, it would definitely require mesh and texture extraction. I ended up saving the duplicate over the original .esp.

If he saves the duplicate armor into the orignal .esp the armor came from (that is, if he sets the armor's esp as active file), everything will work alright without requiring any extraction. Correct?

Sorry guys,
My memory is messed up. No mean intentions here, just a very lousy head.

-----
PS: I feel like digging a hole and putting my head inside so much right now.