Why isn't my randomised start mod randomising my start?

Guest deleted2027229

Guest deleted2027229

I have added a bunch of random cells to the sewer exit gate under the box labelled "Randomly teleport to these interior/worldspaces only." But I'm still just appearing outside the sewer exit as normal.... any idea why this isn't working?

PeAcpnU.png

Have you tried from a new game start or are you working from a save from before exiting the sewers (I'm thinking maybe the cell the game will use is baked into a before the sewer exit save).

Guest deleted2027229

Yes I'm working from a save, but I tried this same thing by placing a custom trap door in the starting prison cell (and thus working from a new game). I again added a bunch of random cells but I just get a message "this door leads to nowhere"

Edited by WanderRA

Haven't done any work with the door teleport system myself but are you setting up both sides of the teleport (i.e. are you adding doors in the destination cells that are then linked to the sewer exit).

I'm not sure how you'd link to cells that aren't vanilla without having those other mods as master as well (doable, just another detail).

Guest deleted2027229

Seems like this guy is working on something similar -

Anyone know who he is on Nexus then I'll contact him and see how he did it. The sewer door leading to any random cell in the game would add a lot of life to the game.

Duplicate the existing door and then set it to disabled. Make your changes to your new door.

EDIT: Two things occurred to me. 1) You should duplicate the base door CGSewerExitGate01 to your own (Change the ID to what your want (like "MYCGSewerExitGate"). Then you can put your new door in front of the existing door in the sewer. And 2) You need to account for when the player will activate that door in the future, and have it just have you exit the sewers (the same way the current door CGSewerExitGae01 does).

Edited by GamerRick