Getting DLC and mods working

Wandik

Sadly I'm still crashing at lvl 21 and choosing my perk and hitting "done". It goes straight to desktop everytime.

I tried toggling on and off ALOT of the mods and STILL crash to desktop everytime. What's going on here? Guide isn't getting me anywhere.

which patch are you using? 1.5? 1.6? 1.7?? As i wrote before - i had no chance to test last two patches, but now, with my ring up and working, i'll be able to "regenerate" the guide with lastest patch and DLC's

about your mods: I haven't tried most of them, but if you disable almost all, and leave only this "approved" ones, you shouldn't experience leveling errors

Fallout3.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

FakePatch_v1.4.0.22c.ESM

Unofficial Patch.esp

Unofficial Patch The Pitt.esp

WMK.esp

Fellout-SOTD.esp

Fellout-pipboylight.esp

Fellout-BrokenSteel.esp

never tried unique weapons textures, but as this patch changes only textures? (not sure here), you shouldn't have problems there too...

good luck

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to inform, that my gaming rig, and obviously FO3 too, is up and running again! After some starting troubles with 64bit Vista and newer versions of tools and mods, i was able to move my mod setup and (!) saves from old PC to new one.

Not only i'm now able to play at max details without any lag, i was even able to finish The Pitt very fast without any errors (at places, where FO3 went down every couple of minutes before)!

I will post my current order (just for info), and will start with checking new mods and new versions in next few days...

Setup: Vista Ultimate 64bit, FO3 1.7.0.3, FOSE 1.1.b9, FOMM 0.9.15

[X] Fallout3.esm

[X] Anchorage.esm

[X] ThePitt.esm

[X] BrokenSteel.esm

[X] PointLookout.esm

[X] Zeta.esm

[X] CALIBR.esm

[X] FOOK.esm

[X] SS Weapon Effects.esm

[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm

[X] HairPack.esm

[X] FWE_FO3_Wanderers_Edition.esm

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

[X] EnclaveCommander-OA-Pitt-Steel.esm

[X] Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esm

[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp

[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp

[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Broken Steel.esp

[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Point Lookout.esp

[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Mothership Zeta.esp

[X] Fellout-pipboylight.esp

[X] GalaxyNewsRadio20[M].esp

[X] megatonquick.esp

[X] FOOK.esp

[X] DarNifiedUIF3.esp

[X] DUIF3Extras.esp

[X] FOOK - Anchorage.esp

[X] FOOK - The Pitt.esp

[X] FOOK - Enclave Commander.esp

[X] FOOK - Additional Power Armor Training.esp

[X] FOOK - Owned!.esp

[X] FOOK - Test Container.esp

[X] FOOK - Fawkes Quickfix.esp

[X] FOOK - Anchorage hotfix.esp

[X] MyFOOK - The Pitt Ammo Press.esp

[X] MyFOOK - NV Toggle - FOOK+OA.esp

[X] FWE_00_QUEST.esp

[X] FWE_01_COMBAT.esp

[X] FWE_02_COMBAT_II.esp

[X] FWE_03_CHARACTER.esp

[X] FWE_04_CHARACTER_II.esp

[X] FWE_05_ITEMLOOT.esp

[X] FWE_05_ITEMLOOT_II.esp

[X] FWE_05_ITEMLOOT_III.esp

[X] FWE_06_SPAWNS.esp

[X] FWE_07_IMMERSION.esp

[X] FWE_08_FEATURES.esp

[X] FWE Compatibility - FOOK.esp

[X] WeaponModKits.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - FOOK + FWE.esp

[X] WeaponModKits - FOOK.esp

[X] WMKAA12Shotgun.esp

[X] WMKAA12Shotgun - FOOK.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Broken Steel.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp

[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - FOOK + FWE.esp

[X] MMM- Mutants and monster perk addon for RC1.11.esp

[X] HairPack-MMM-FOOK-v1_3b.esp

[X] Project Beauty.esp

[X] Phalanx-MainFollowerModule.esp

[X] Phalanx-BrokenSteel-Integration.esp

[X] PB-Phalanx-CP.esp

[X] FOOK - SS Weapon Effects.esp

[X] FOOK - SS Weapon Effects DLC.esp

[X] UPP - Original Perks.esp

[X] UPP - Pack 1.esp

[X] UPP - Pack 2.esp

[X] UPP - Experience Perks.esp

[X] UPP - Quest Perks.esp

[X] RobCo Certified.esp

[X] DIM TYPE3clothesRETAIL.esp

[X] TUPAM+FOOK.esp

[X] TUPAM+FOOK - Anchorage Addon.esp

[X] TUPAM+FOOK - The Pitt Addon.esp

[X] TUPAM+FOOK - Broken Steel Addon.esp

[X] BlackWolf Backpack.esp

[X] Tactical Vest CIRAS.esp

[X] BPV.esp

[X] WinterizedT51bDX.esp

[X] BoS_FOOKedition_Armor.esp

[X] Tribal_DX.esp

[X] Outcast DX.esp

[X] Targeter.esp

[X] Colossus Headgear.esp

[X] Colossus Armor.esp

[X] Colossus Hvy Armor.esp

[X] Colossus Tesla Armor.esp

[X] Colossus Tesla Helmet.esp

[X] 3EFdrgplate.esp

[X] JSBlack'sNanoArmor.esp

[X] NAPA.esp

[X] DeepEyes.esp

[X] Gauss_Extreme.esp

[X] GatlingLaserDX.esp

[X] OozeGatlingMarkIIIEx.esp

[X] cryolator.esp

[X] HZ_SL8_XM8.esp

[X] HZ_XM586UR.esp

[X] Mannequin.esp

[X] Combat Enhanced-Tactics.esp

[X] Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow in Fallout.esp

[X] Enhanced Weather - Sneak Bonus during Storms.esp

[X] Enhanced Weather - Weather Sounds in Interiors.esp

[X] Fellout-Full.esp

[X] Fellout-Anchorage.esp

[X] Fellout-BrokenSteel.esp

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious as to what your reasoning is for mod order. I don't use fook or fwe, but anyhow I noticed you have armors and clothing and whatnot low on the load. Is there a reason? Also where would you put player house mods, low or high?

I have most armor/clothing/weapon mods higher up as well as little gameplay effects, pipboy additions, my perks hang around the middle and things like my MMM is roughly low alongside Fellout and Combat Enhanced Package last before my merged patch on FO3Edit.

I'm just curious as to your thoughts on general reasoning with load order.

Much thanx for your inputs.

• 1 month later...

Hello there,

i have the GOTY edition, so my guess is, i do not need any OFFICIAL Fallout3 patch. The version number of my game is

to be 1.7.03. Now, do i still need the Fake patch?

Also, as i am new to Fallout, can anybody post his loadorder for the DLCs, FO3 Wanderers Edition, Marts Mutant Mod, the Unofficial Patches and DLC Delayers?

I am at loss, and decent BOSS-like utility is nowhere to find, nor are there any fanmades templates for FOMS2 to find!

P L E A S E P M M E AT F A L L O U T N E X U S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS

• 2 weeks later...
Hello there,

i have the GOTY edition, so my guess is, i do not need any OFFICIAL Fallout3 patch. The version number of my game is

Also, as i am new to Fallout, can anybody post his loadorder for the DLCs, FO3 Wanderers Edition, Marts Mutant Mod, the Unofficial Patches and DLC Delayers?

I am at loss, and decent BOSS-like utility is nowhere to find, nor are there any fanmades templates for FOMS2 to find!

THANKS

I was wondering the same thing and especially since I was having problems with CTD's and HANGS :(

I was however able to resolve it, well, at least the HANGS appeared to have gone away.

I used FOMM to disable the DLC's, all of them and then run FO3 by itself, loaded the last save game, said yes to the missing content box and loaded.

No hangs or freezes so far, didn't save any new entries nor enter any locations, just quit out of the game back to the desktop.

What I did was to use FOMM to enable one DLC at a time and repeat the same save game load with that only re-enabled DLC content. None of them by themselves seemed to cause this behavior so I left Anchorage enabled and then enabled the Pitt.

Both of these enabled seemed to be fine, I did change the load order between the two and didn't seem to make any difference at all.

Enabled Broken Steel next and didn't have any issues, but as soon as I enabled Point Lookout the HANGS/FREEZES appeared :(

I then left Point Lookout disabled and enabled Mothership Zeta, didn't seem to have any issues with this one either, ok, to verify I then re-enabled Point Lookout and the HANGS came back, aha!!!

Well since it seemed to place the load order like this:

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteeel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

I decided to make PointLookout load last, this seems to have done the trick and the HANGS appear to be gone for the moment at least.

Now to get back to testing for any further CTD's or HANGS (knocks on wood)

• 4 weeks later...
Hello there,

THANKS

Yes, I would also appreciate this. I suspect a lot of newer people here (like myself) may have the GOTY, so it might be a good idea to update the first posts to reflect the current versions.

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
Yes, I would also appreciate this. I suspect a lot of newer people here (like myself) may have the GOTY, so it might be a good idea to update the first posts to reflect the current versions.

Thanks in advance

Same here since i have this aswell and the guide dont seem to work.

When ever i try to enter a DLC the game crashes on loading, (happens with Anchorage when i sit in the simulator chair and it closes, interface starts (the blue flashing thing right befor it jumps to load screen) then right as it jump to load screen i get an fetal error and thrown to desktop. and now i am getting the same with Zeta right after the beam comes down and see your self being lifted up pops to load screen then fetal crash to desktop.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

... as soon as I enabled Point Lookout the HANGS/FREEZES appeared :(I then left Point Lookout disabled and enabled Mothership Zeta, didn't seem to have any issues with this one either, ok, to verify I then re-enabled Point Lookout and the HANGS came back, aha!!!Well since it seemed to place the load order like this:

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteeel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

I decided to make PointLookout load last, this seems to have done the trick and the HANGS appear to be gone for the moment at least.Now to get back to testing for any further CTD's or HANGS (knocks on wood)

Wow! I had the similar issue. My pc hangs whenever I tried to turn on pipboy light (hold tab) during conversation. Tried to reinstall FO3 with just DLCs (no mod except unoff patches), but no success. It kept hang until I tried your solution, it worked!!! No more hangs for now. Kinda strange since Point Lookout is an official DLC, I thought it shouldn't have any problem with any other DLCs. Here's my current working load order:

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

Zeta.esm

PointLookout.esm

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Broken Steel.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Mothership Zeta.esp

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Point Lookout.esp

Total active plugins: 12

Total plugins: 13

There's FakePatch_v1.5.0.22c.ESM but i'm not sure whether to turn it on or not, since I was using Better Oblivion Sorting Software and it doesn't recognize the file. Anyone has idea or experience about this?

I'll install FWE, FOOK2 v1.0 (since 1.1 has yet compatibility issue with FWE), MMM RC5, WMK, and Project Beauty soon. Hopefully everything's gonna be ok.

Oh, I'm running Vista with 1.7 FO3 patch :)