[Updated] New NMM version out, help us out and update to it (also, X R

Dark0ne

@Hypie; I'm guessing you're not too familiar with what the term "beta" software means.

The single most important characteristic is: "not yet stable."

Welcome to the world of large-scale software testing. :laugh:

[but go here for the most recent version so you can continue to participate in the development project: http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/modmanager.]

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #10674389. #10675348 is also a reply to the same post.

Beta's are supposed to be very stable. Actually, the definition of Alpha is, "the first stable build".

Don't know where you got that idea from but it's completely untrue. Even a quick Wiki search would have told you that.

You know i know you need Help for the New Version but killing the old for these who want to wait (with less bugs)is plain unfair. Since the new Version is out my old Version wont connect to nexus anymore...so much to "please help us" more like "we force you to use the new version, do it or be left out"

They explained why they had to do that. And this is beta software, no guarantee is made that it will be stable, there is no warranty or guarantee. So quit your whining.

In response to post #10674389.

this is incorrect. Beta's are supposed to be very stable. Actually, the definition of Alpha is, "the first stable build".

I think you need to read up on those definitions.

You won't even have to search. It's all laid out for you here ("Alpha software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss.").

In response to post #10674389.

this is incorrect. Beta's are supposed to be very stable. Actually, the definition of Alpha is, "the first stable build".

"Stable" in the sense of "compiles without fatal errors and doesn't immediately crash when executed", is not at all the same as "won't be changed on a moment's notice, or no notice, as we continue to develop the software." :thumbsup:

Im still having issues with NMM 46 and would 50 get me back to online mode? Ive had to go back using 45.7 in offline mode, because NMM 46 just will not load at all. Yes, Ive manually reinstalled several times and no good. I wont uninstall NMM because I don't want to lose or potentially lose my MODs.

In response to post #10674389. #10675348, #10676543 are all replies on the same post.

Thandal maybe i was too rough. I mean "your well working old version (0.45.x) that did run without any problems over a half year doesnt works anymore since you published 0.46.0"

It always says "cant connect to nexus" and i got the password 100% correct. So i only can think that it's from your side. What could be the Issue there?

(Offtopic: betas should be stable alphas are "could crash after 5 seconds" builds)

In response to post #10677070.

So when i get you right they cut the connection for the old version. After that saying "please use the new one so we can learn".

Why bother saying please when the user is forced anyway to use the new version? I dont like that kind of humor.

If I would say "please" the user would have a choice... Edited by Hypie

@Hypie Did you actually read the Site news that explained why it was blocked? And why Dark0ne made the decision to no longer allow v0.45.7 to go online with the Nexus sites? Have you noticed a bit of increased responsiveness on the sites since it was blocked?

Actually you can still use the old version. You just cannot go online with the Nexus using it - it works fine for manual downloading and installing.