Improvman

Yo.... I hope this topic isn't dead.

I saw this post before, and I come back to it with (possibly) good news. I am currently making several animal-human hybrids, which I will release alongside and apart from my dream mod "Fear and Loathing in New Vegas" (working title) (if I ever make it). I hope it doesn't come as a disappointment that these will look nothing like furries, but more like humans dressed as animals, incredibly realistic animals at that (I don't know how to make meshes, only textures). So far I have experimented with the facial editing stuff, and made this thing that looks like a shark. I already made a black dinosaur/dragon, and two types of spiders. Send me requests, and I'll see if I can do them.

Just so you know, my mods are for new vegas, however, since they are mostly textures, you could probably make them yourself for Fallout 3.

I think that the OP's idea about FEV experiments is good. I think that if you did a mod like that then there needs to be varying levels of transformation....

1- level one, Still human mostly in many ways... but the effects of the FEV will give them increased stats that reflect the animal (and maybe access to some minor perks)

2- These would be reminiscent of Catgirls or Animal people in anime (human skin but ears and tails). Maybe have fur in certain parts of the body. They would be slightly stronger than the lvl 1 with more perk options

3- Farther gone humanoid animals, Full fur, enhanced animal traits etc.....

4- similar to the post above (i think), Humanoid but they have major changes in their faces and hands that almost make them seem like animals on two legs.

5-the strongest, these creatures can go from running on four legs at 30 mph to walking like a normal person (this would happen off screen as to make it easier on the modders). They are as smart as normal humans (insane but smart). these would be rare bosses used for a story element of an FEV questline.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as I Said before I'd be glad to beta test the fo3 ones as i have a clean install of f03 (since I decided to delete all the mods from it XD)

and my personall opinion is they should be fully anthro like freshi's fox race mod if you want them to just be part i suggest making a mod for that or downloading the ears and tail clothing items for fallout 3.

I like the idea of an operation anchorage addon and yeah considering they live in alaska they might for all we know be the most powerful of the furry races with power armor left behind from the war as that was one of the major battles who knows they may have even been smart enough to reverse engineer the power armor to create their own version that fit's their head and ears and tail all in the armor. (Yes I said it Armored tails)

Edited by Rae1Vixen

as I Said before I'd be glad to beta test the fo3 ones as i have a clean install of f03 (since I decided to delete all the mods from it XD)

and my personall opinion is they should be fully anthro like freshi's fox race mod if you want them to just be part i suggest making a mod for that or downloading the ears and tail clothing items for fallout 3.

I like the idea of an operation anchorage addon and yeah considering they live in alaska they might for all we know be the most powerful of the furry races with power armor left behind from the war as that was one of the major battles who knows they may have even been smart enough to reverse engineer the power armor to create their own version that fit's their head and ears and tail all in the armor. (Yes I said it Armored tails)

Going off the cut content for S'Lanter the average anthro has the intelligence of the average human. So from a developmental stand point they would rank 4-6 in thought complexity. Assuming they stayed in the facility they are created, then they have a highly knowledgeable leader.

West Tek: Every lab is overseen by a Z.A.X. unit. I.E. ZAX 1.2 (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/ZAX_1.2)

BigMT: As a partner of Greenway Hydroponics they had access to their technology. This could range to a team of pre-war scientists like the dome. However it is more likely to be like Diana Stone who would have appeared in VanBurren (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Diana_Stone)

In FO3 we see how effective a leader a Z.A.X. can be with "President" John Henry Eden. The Z.A.X. in Anchorage would be programed for military and probably have an AI based off of a famous General. It would have access to any electronics and robots not destroyed in the blast, so they would definitely have customized T-51b armor. Although, it's more likely they scrapped using the bases equipment and made something Enclave level.

My idea would be that when the base opened up following radiation quarantine they did the following.

1. Recovery of any registered off-base equipment.
  2. Recon of the landscape.
  3. Assimilation of all non-hostile factions.
  4. Pacification of hostile targets.
Edited by Improvman

Yeah well i was not pushing it too far but yes enclave level equipment or better maybe either way i can't wait to see this stuff.

Also with that stuff floating around who knows furries everywhere might be able to modify current existing armors (Like the hellfire armor) to fit them. (Speaking of that) we will be able to use stuff like the hellfire armor with these races right?

Edited by Rae1Vixen

Yeah well i was not pushing it too far but yes enclave level equipment or better maybe either way i can't wait to see this stuff.

Also with that stuff floating around who knows furries everywhere might be able to modify current existing armors (Like the hellfire armor) to fit them. (Speaking of that) we will be able to use stuff like the hellfire armor with these races right?

Power armor is mostly hollow with the operator harnessed to hydrolic-servos. So the armor itself may just need a tail hole. May be good to have them adapt it at a workbench or have them take it to a scribe. That way there is an explanation why it fits. Could also include a quest to learn how to do upgrades to fit foot and hand armor.

Don't suppose you could show pictures of the models and are you using the freshi fox for foxes?

the one problem with this is i see if you use a retexture of the armor like say

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/6776/?

I honestly don't know how but I was always able to put on hellfire armor on the starfox models and the tail just stuck out. I noticed that with the freshi foxes on fallout new vegas though that the ears also stick out on the power armors helmet.

Edited by Rae1Vixen

I'd like to get in on this mod as a voice actor, I've been working on a Khajiit voice impression and I can do a fair Duke Nukem / Dirty Harry impression as well, and I've also been experimenting with a ghoul voice. If you'd like, throw me some lines and I'll do some examples for you.

Don't suppose you could show pictures of the models and are you using the freshi fox for foxes?

the one problem with this is i see if you use a retexture of the armor like say

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/6776/?

I honestly don't know how but I was always able to put on hellfire armor on the starfox models and the tail just stuck out. I noticed that with the freshi foxes on fallout new vegas though that the ears also stick out on the power armors helmet.

Sorry, it took so long to respond. I haven't heard anything from Mr. Patterson on bodies and without those, all I have to show you are T3/breezes armor sans shoes.

Think I will start on making plantigrade feet to put on the Canine models to get the shoes moving. If anyone has a particular reference or idea I'm open to suggestions.

(would be Digititgrade, but not sure how to do a skeleton.)

I'd like to get in on this mod as a voice actor, I've been working on a Khajiit voice impression and I can do a fair Duke Nukem / Dirty Harry impression as well, and I've also been experimenting with a ghoul voice. If you'd like, throw me some lines and I'll do some examples for you.

Sure can I get a test sample?

(site isn't liking my link to DA so here is the example picture Vix.)

Edited by Improvman

Sorry, it took so long to respond. I haven't heard anything from Mr. Patterson on bodies and without those, all I have to show you are T3/breezes armor sans shoes.

Hey brother, I'm not sure why your waiting on me. Last time we talked you were working on the models. I don't need/use any standard armor/outfits for my anthropomorphic animals in the burrows, so this isn't a aspect that touches on my mod. But it doesn't mean I can't help out and make a separate resource mod you can draw from (as long as you realize I'm pretty busy, and the models and scripting may come along a bit slowly due to lack of time).

If that's something you want me to do, list all the free to use resources we have and any you've personally received permission for (I'll have to PM the authors to do the same). I know we're looking at type 3 and breeze (which is fine since it's no different that using the vanilla body types when we're starting with a fresh base), but feel me in on additional details you think are important (outfits with a higher priority, if you prefer a script swap out or a workbench conversion etc). I'm also somewhat familiar with new races so I have a semi functional handle on making them.

When I get home from work (or maybe while I'm here), I'll review the thread and see what points need to be addressed.

Hey brother, I'm not sure why your waiting on me. Last time we talked you were working on the models. I don't need/use any standard armor/outfits for my anthropomorphic animals in the burrows, so this isn't a aspect that touches on my mod. But it doesn't mean I can't help out and make a separate resource mod you can draw from (as long as you realize I'm pretty busy, and the models and scripting may come along a bit slowly due to lack of time).

If that's something you want me to do, list all the free to use resources we have and any you've personally received permission for (I'll have to PM the authors to do the same). I know we're looking at type 3 and breeze (which is fine since it's no different that using the vanilla body types when we're starting with a fresh base), but feel me in on additional details you think are important (outfits with a higher priority, if you prefer a script swap out or a workbench conversion etc). I'm also somewhat familiar with new races so I have a semi functional handle on making them.

When I get home from work (or maybe while I'm here), I'll review the thread and see what points need to be addressed.

Thanks for clearing up misunderstanding. I'll do what I can and update when it is time for placing in-game. Thinking of asking artifex0 to use the digitigrade Foot mods for the cat races http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43833/?