Improvman

Thanks for clearing up misunderstanding. I'll do what I can and update when it is time for placing in-game. Thinking of asking artifex0 to use the digitigrade Foot mods for the cat races http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43833/?

Keep in mind thought, that the skyrim mods will only be useful if they don't use any skrim assets as a base (so make sure to inquire of artifex0). In addition if you like that Digitgrade, that's not a change to animation it's just a mesh edit and can probably be done for any of the FO3/FONV anthro races (it doesn't look like it'd be difficult).

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I'd kinda prefer a 3 toed plantigrade foot maybe you can include both plantigrade and digitgrade into the mod?

something like how krystal's feet really are which is honestly something that was missed even in the starfox mod. this way it gives thema unique foot when their not wearing shoes and it still fits into the normal armor and stuff.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2009/344/4/2/Krystal_preshopped_render_1_by_Starfox_Krystal.png

Edited by Rae1Vixen

I have to say I'd kinda prefer a 3 toed plantigrade foot maybe you can include both plantigrade and digitgrade into the mod?

something like how krystal's feet really are which is honestly something that was missed even in the starfox mod. this way it gives thema unique foot when their not wearing shoes and it still fits into the normal armor and stuff.

Digitigrade needs to add bones to move right. So the first version will be plantigrade. The amount of toes and digits will be based on the natural animal. So for a fox that would be five digits up front and four in the back.

Digitigrade needs to add bones to move right. So the first version will be plantigrade. The amount of toes and digits will be based on the natural animal. So for a fox that would be five digits up front and four in the back.

I can't comment with 100% certainty (since I haven't done a model yet), but if we're looking at a Digitigrade mesh like this (from artifex0's mod);

http://static-3.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/43833-1-1381105116.png

You won't need to change the skeleton or animations.

Whether it looks right during animation may be something of an artistic opinion. But if you want something along the lines of digitgrade I think that's your only realistic/practical solution....now or in the future. I believe it's very, very unlikely you will see anyone step up to create a new player skeleton, much less the multitude of associated animations.

Do you have skyrim? If so it might be worth the time to check out the mod (artifex0's) and see how it looks, moves etc. Assuming it looks decent, would you be interested in going that route or would you rather go with plantigrade?

I've got the samples ready for you, they're low quality sound but I can adjust my setup and get great quality recordings.

I need a place to upload them tho.

I'll leave that for you to decide, however I can give you my email if you want to send it as an attachment.