I miss responding to my Page comments in the forum (Old topic, I'm sure)

chocolatenoodle

Talking about the "Posts" tab you see on any Nexus Mod Page. The comments come from an actual forum thread and I used to always go there to reply so I can multiquote and put a lot more information in a single post instead of cluttering the page with several little posts.

Those threads are Locked now as of a long time ago, only accepting posts through the more limited options on the mod page. Maybe some people doing it wrong caused some problems and that's why, but I never saw the reason. You can still multiquote if you write it manually.

Any chance we can unlock these threads again? More power to the posters!

Breaks the formatting on the mod comment page. Unlikely to return.

Even if you can avoid the problem with specialized knowledge, the chances of people having that specialized knowledge is low.

I can see that point of view, and maybe it looks even worse if viewed on Mobile. I just know I took care with my posts back then and was happy with it.

Maybe permissions can be set to allow only Page authors or moderators to post directly on the thread, being that they're responsible for the overall page anyway?

Maybe permissions can be set to allow only Page authors or moderators to post directly on the thread, being that they're responsible for the overall page anyway?

I'm afraid even if we wanted to do that IPBoard just isn't built that way. We can't give permissions to specific users on a per-thread basis. You have control of your mod page comments because we use our own homebrew permissions over there.

It is my hope you'll like our new comments system when it's done.

If there are features from the forum you'd like on the mod page, please make suggestions for them here: https://feedback.nexusmods.com/