• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My personal ranking on game music:

1) Gothic 3 (yes, I know; it's buggy as hell (without Community Patch), but the music is f***ing awesome)

2) TES IV: Oblivion

3) Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

4) Medal of Honor: Airborne

5) The Witcher (1 & 2)

I like epic music in games ;-)

To me, Mario 64 had a great soundtrack. Super Star Wars OST was pretty exciting, as was Super Metroid's and F-Zero's. Castelvania II had quite a nice soundtrack, despite the difficulty.

Now Kingdom Hearts I and II's soundtrack were quite pleasant.

While I didn't actually play all the the MGS games except for MGS:IV, their OST's were very nice.

There are so many, like Bastion, Journey, Mass Effect, Skyrim, Shadow of the Colossus, and many others video game soundtracks that listened to when I was doing homework or at work.

It truly amazes me at how some of the music in video games actually resonates with the soul and mind of players and listeners, not just while experiencing the games themselves, but even while just simply listening to them at other times, like on the train or while doing an assignment.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Strangely enough, classics including: Burger Time, Gaunlet, and even games like NARC (though kind of cheesy...), music wise, but still some of my personal favorites. If I had to pick from something more current The Last of Us and The Witcher. Lastly, thinking indie, Garden Warefare rates high on my list.