Game Crashing at Title Screen

vilevibe

I'm having the same issue. One day everything was fine, I saved, quit the game, everything was peachy. Next evening after work, the game launched but it would CTD at the main menu. I've tried everything under the sun I can think of to fix it. I've removed all mods, completely uninstalled and fresh installed twice.

For me I think I may have narrowed it down to the Fallout4Custom.Ini file, specifically, the [Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1sResourceDataDirsFinal= that you need to add for mods to work, or at least as far as I know? But if I cut that out the game will work but no mods will be active and it says theres no F4se active on a loaded game. But if I readd that script everything becomes fubr again, even with nothing but the base game active. So I'm at my wits end on how to play fallout 4 with mods again on here.

If you are using F4SE, you need to start the game with the F4SE_Loader. exe.....

I do, and I've tried running with admin too. Nothing works.

There is a limit on the number of BA2 archives you can have. If you go over that limit you will get a crash at the main screen. The only way to fix that specific issue is to reduce the number of archives you have.

You can remove a number of mods which contain archives.

You can extract a number of mods' archives and then delete the BA2 files and just load the loose files.

You can merge a number of archives together.