⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Which subforum best for newbie mod questions?

ZenBodisatva

Im totally new to modding and want to start by learning how to mod/change texts and speech in singleplayer AAA pc games based on Unreal, Unity or CryEngine plus LUA. For example, to begin with I want to learn something relatively simple: how to change the names of NPCs and how to change texts found in the books/notes/papers one can sometimes discover and open in a game. Also want to know how to change the names of for example skills and map names. To learn this I must get the necessary software, like TextCrawler and Adobe Audition for instance, but dont know which software is best, and dont know how to use these programs for game modding. For example, I cant find a save button in TextCrawler 3. Does it have a save button? These are simple newbie questions, so is there a subforum here on Nexus where I can ask these (very basic) questions? Or is it better to just find a game I want to mod and use the subforum of that particular game?

Best place for game specific support is the forum for that game. Games that have been on the Nexus for a while or are very popular will often have subforums ... if so try to post in a subforum that sounds applicable to your question (but any subforum will be fine, though some subforums may not be frequented by some people who offer support).

I visited the subforums of Prey and Remnant, but no activity there. I want to learn how to mod all kinds of text files and audio files in general, in AAA pc games based on Unreal, Unity and CryEngine, so can anyone please recommend popular and active subforums for games that I can download and start modding in order to learn the general process of changing text and audio files? Edited by ZenBodisatva