FALLOUT 3 PC MODDING NEED HELP

Fallout3Girl1997

I've been playing fallout 3 on PC Windows 10 and the game runs great. G.E.C.K. mods and esp. mods work just fine, but any mod involving textures and meshes, I can't get working. I've watched hundreds of tutorials to no avail. I put the files in the Fallout 3 data folders but they simply don't work. My mod manager even recognizes them but they do nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Kylie

There is a sub-forum for questions and concerns for Fallout 3. It can be found in Game-specific Forums, games starting with f, Fallout 3. If you have questions about Fallout 3, it would be better to post them there instead of the general PC Gaming forum. The only reason I saw this is that it was listed under Recent Topics.

Anyway, what mod manager are you using? And since most mods use texture and meshes, what mods don't work? Please provide a sample list with links.

My mod manager is just called "Fallout mod manager" and has a biohazard symbol. Mods that work for example are killablechildren.esp, killableessentials.esp, modding weapon stats in G.E.C.K. Examples of mods that don't work are: AK47_replacer_v_1, Malosnudebody-872, speedloaderfix, Jim's hunting rifle replacer, etc.

Start FOMM, at the top of the UI is "Tools". Left mouse click on it. At the bottom of the drop-down menu, you will see "Archive Invalidation". If it has a check mark to the left of it, left mouse click on the check mark. You will then be asked if you want to remove Archive Invalidation. Select "yes". The menu will close. Open the Tools menu again and left click to the left of Archive Invalidation to place a check mark there. You will be asked if you want to apply Archive Invalidation. Select "yes". This is toggling Archive Invalidation and MUST be done each and every time you make ANY change to ANY texture in the game.

If there is no check mark next to Archive Invalidation, add one. If your texture files have been installed properly, the new textures should be visible.