Does anyone else hate power armor?

edgeburner

edsgeburner, I agree they really overdid Jun's pathetic appearance. This included setting overresponsiveness to try to make it impossible to fix his appearance later and he retains the sad/sick stance forever without mod assistance. Just ask Omniguous about that mess for him, Sheffield, Mama Murphy and Knight Rhys.

Personally, I loathe how this game nerfed PA to the point of utter stupidity. (Never get me going on When Freedom Rings, AKA "The trifecta of dung"...) The concept could have been great but the persistence of the dev goal Least Is Best made this game from something we coul mod to our hearts' content to something we HAD to mod for contented hearts.

edsgeburner, I agree they really overdid Jun's pathetic appearance. This included setting overresponsiveness to try to make it impossible to fix his appearance later and he retains the sad/sick stance forever without mod assistance. Just ask Omniguous about that mess for him, Sheffield, Mama Murphy and Knight Rhys.

Personally, I loathe how this game nerfed PA to the point of utter stupidity. (Never get me going on When Freedom Rings, AKA "The trifecta of dung"...) The concept could have been great but the persistence of the dev goal Least Is Best made this game from something we coul mod to our hearts' content to something we HAD to mod for contented hearts.

Yeah, they really did a number on power armor. It should be impervious to small arms fire..... and the occupants strength should have no bearing at all on the PA's strength. That should be a set value. But, of course..... in a world where small arms pretty much rule the day.... a player in power armor would be pretty much god-like.....

I also dislike Power Armor and wear them only if I really need to.

My main critics are that they make the game far to easy, illogical (stealthing with Power Armor works.... Okay...) and they are too easy to become. They don't feel special if you get them feeled behind every edge.

Edited by taryl80

a nice question. power armor looks nice and has nice animation and it works, but as already said - much too clunky for a vault dweller in my opinion. the armor is just overkill since most of the features are available without playing in clunky armor. so it is nice if you are a collector of this kind of armor but it has no practical advantages at least for me.

so no, i do not hate it i just ignore it most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Power Armor actually makes sense with the BoS, even with the Atom Cats.

There are just so few quests (of the 1,000's) they have you do where it would actually be appropriate to be wearing it there isn't a point.

You see a perfect example of this with the BoS - when you flip the switch at Arc Jet and it looks like homeboy just bit the dust.

Hey bub, I've only known you for 10 minutes, but you came off the wrong way. Sorry bub, I'll bring your "tags" back to the two schmucks at the station.....

That is literally the only moment in the game where I've ever thought that Power Armor could save your bacon.