Looking to script an activator to open the quickmap

Chronepsys

As another mentioned, psc files should not really matter but they are very good to have as reference. What counts are compiled .pex files. Your error means that CK is not finding Data/scripts/UI.pex that is included with SKSE. Which likely means some mod organizer weirdness.

What is telling, is you get no error on the first line. Compiler is not confused about 'ObjectReference', which means that CK does see Data\Scripts\ObjectReference.pex which resides in one of Skyrim's native .bsas. But UI.pex is NOT one of vanilla modules, it is only available via SKSE, and CK is clearly not seeing it.

@scorrp10

What you've said goes against everything I have understood and have witnessed for myself.

If the Creation Kit does not need the PSC files for compiling, then there would not be posts asking for help getting scripts to compile for a user's first time. The very first thing in trouble shooting such cases is to ensure that the scripts.zip or scripts.rar file, which contains the PSCs, has been extracted and in the correct place.

The Creation Kit uses the PSC files to display code.

The compiler uses the PSC files, when creating the PEX files, to make sure all functions & variables used actually exist on the referenced scripts.

The game uses the PEX files and does not care one bit about PSC files.

I stand corrected, sorry for the confusion. CK compiler DOES need the .psc source files, and it needs them in Data/source/scripts. It has been a long while since I last set up a working environment.

My comment regarding ObjectReference, however, stands. Somehow, CK can see Data\Source\Scripts\ObjectReference.psc (likely extracted from Scripts.zip, which means it is a vanilla, not SKSE version of it),

But it is not seeing Data\Source\Scripts\UI.psc - which is included with SKSE, but under Data\Scripts\Source - so they need to be copied over in order to be visible.

I stand corrected, sorry for the confusion. CK compiler DOES need the .psc source files, and it needs them in Data/source/scripts. It has been a long while since I last set up a working environment.

My comment regarding ObjectReference, however, stands. Somehow, CK can see Data\Source\Scripts\ObjectReference.psc (likely extracted from Scripts.zip, which means it is a vanilla, not SKSE version of it),

But it is not seeing Data\Source\Scripts\UI.psc - which is included with SKSE, but under Data\Scripts\Source - so they need to be copied over in order to be visible.

Yea I could have SWORN the same. Been so long since I've had to worry about it.

• 1 month later...

Hi back there.

I had trying to follow the scripts and source hint but i must had made some mistakes.

Now, ck doesn't know the basic sources.

i tryied to re-install skse and ck, but i must do something wrong each time.

I look for multiple tuto but however, i find myself enable to fix that issue.

Could you please say me one more time how i must set up the scripts and their source in order to have skse and ck to work and see the properly please ?

I know this is no more the first subject of that thread, but i really feel that a few explanation.

Skyrim Special Edition (all 64 bit variations)

Default script folder (PEX files): Data > Scripts

Default source folder (PSC files): Data > Source > Scripts

First run of the Creation Kit should trigger a prompt to extract the scripts.zip file

If there was no prompt to extract the scripts.zip file, manually extract it. It will be located in the Data folder.

After extraction confirm that the PEX and PSC files are where they should be.

Manually install the correct version of SKSE to a clean folder:

Copy the DLL & EXE files to the main game folder

Copy the PEX files in the Data > Scripts folder to the game's Data > Scripts folder***

Copy the PSC files in the Data > Scripts > Source folder to the game's Data > Source > Scripts folder. Overwrite when asked.***

It should now be ready to compile scripts.

If you cannot compile scripts at this point,

Backup and delete all Creation Kit related INI files in the main game folder.

Verify the Creation Kit's installation with Steam.

Start the Creation Kit and let it extract the scripts.zip file.

Follow the SKSE related steps above.

It should now be ready to compile scripts.

*** If using Mod Organizer 2, you may create a mod folder that contains the Scripts and Source > Scripts folders and then copy the correct SKSE files to each. Then make sure that this "mod" remains active in the priority list at all times and that you start the Creation Kit through MO2.

Hi Ishara,

Thank you for your detailed answer.

I follow each step one by one.

I am sure of :

- the pex are now all in data \scripts

- the psc are now all in the date\scripts\source

As i use MO2, i made a mod folder and set in the scripts that contains pex files and the source folder (with psc into).

I can see the scripts like "ActiveMagicEffect" in data when looking with MO2

So at this point, i do not see what should not let ck to compile.

Although, when trying to, i get that :

<unknown>(0,0): Unable to find flags file: TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg

C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(0,0): unable to locate script activemagiceffect
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(4,14): unknown type cell
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(5,14): unknown type cell
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(7,14): unknown type cell
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(9,25): unknown type objectreference
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(10,25): unknown type objectreference
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(15,26): unknown type actor
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(15,42): unknown type actor
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(17,10): unknown type actor
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(18,16): actor is not a known user-defined type
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(18,60): actor is not a known user-defined type
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(18,103): actor is not a known user-defined type
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(19,2): variable Utility is undefined
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(19,10): none is not a known user-defined type
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(20,1): variable Game is undefined
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(20,6): none is not a known user-defined type
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(21,21): objectreference is not a known user-defined type
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(22,14): actor is not a known user-defined type
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(23,1): variable Game is undefined
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(23,6): none is not a known user-defined type
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(24,1): variable Game is undefined
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(24,6): none is not a known user-defined type
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(26,1): variable Utility is undefined
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(26,9): none is not a known user-defined type
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(27,1): variable Game is undefined
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(27,6): none is not a known user-defined type
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(28,14): actor is not a known user-defined type
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(29,1): variable Game is undefined
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(29,6): none is not a known user-defined type
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(30,1): variable Game is undefined
C:\Jeux\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\temp\_SCE_TMH_Script.psc(30,6): none is not a known user-defined type

It let me think that ck still do not find the scripts and sources right ?
I had uninstall and reinstall from steam the ck plus its fixes and downgrade it in order to run it properly.
I really don't understand what i do wrong, if at least it comes from me...
Do you see something there ?

If the SKSE scripts (PSC and PEX files) are within an MO2 mod folder, that mod must be flagged as active in the priority window (left side). Plus, the game and the Creation Kit will need to be launched from within MO2 in order to see those files.

The thing that I am concerned with is that it cannot find the FLG file. This file should have been extracted from the scripts.zip and resides within the game's Data > Source > Scripts folder.

It sounds as if your setup is correct. Now when you start the CK through MO2 and its time to open up your mod be sure to when you are selecting the plug-in master files and the active mod you are working on that when you click File-Data you place a checkmark on Skyrim, Update, Hearthfires, Dawnguard, Dragonborn, and what,ever you named your SKSE mod, before setting your mod to be the active mod. The SKSE mod is a required master for your mod just like Skyrim and Update.