Temple of Meridia Redone

TyrionBean

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: The script won't seem to work. Hmm... The original door(s) is still there and teleports me to the original interior cell(s).

That's odd. I've used that method myself with no issues. Did you set your new door as a child of the original door with 'Set Enable State to Opposite of Parent' selected, and did you fill the quest property?

I selected the original door in the Enable Parent tab and checked 'Set Enable State to Opposite of Parent'. And I attached the script to the original door and filled in the DA09 quest property. No idea myself why it isn't working as the script looks straightforward enough to my noob eyes. xD

Ok, I've done a test of the script and it does work, but only when the cell that contains the door is loaded by the player walking into it (i.e. not by the player loading a save that is already in that cell). If you're testing using a save made in that cell with DA09 completed, try walking to Dragonbridge and then back again*. That should work.

*Assuming vanilla uGridsToLoad value.

Edited by NorthHare

Back from more tiresome testing. xD I can now confirm that the other two exterior doors have been successfully replaced with the new doors. :D But the front door remains the same and still teleports to the old interior. I don't know why. o.o I'm suspecting that the front door's enable parent which is opposite to the blocker (the rocks that used to block the doorway) is persisting, since the blocker is gone, it's telling the door to be enabled. Have you tried the script with the front door as well?

My followers also can't seem to follow me inside the new interiors. Hopefully, this is isn't as hard to fix as I think it is.

Anyway, I changed the 'OnCellAttach' to 'OnCellLoad' prior to my recent testing. And yes, I tried going farther from Dragon Bridge after reading your latest reply. My uGridsToLoad value is vanilla, I believe.

In other news, here's the first NPC to be added in the new temple interior:

13006484_10209362708167281_7330946490593

Was testing him outdoors in this, obviously. A lighthearted character with a flavor of mystery. Been having trouble with his dialogue audio quality too, and hence only very few dialogues have been added for now.

I thought I already finalized the cells. This time I had to load up the cells in the Render window, open up the Navmesh menu, (view Navmeshes only,) and press the 'finalize navmeshes' button on the menu. NPCs (followers) can enter now. :smile:

Regarding the original door, I had to remove its Enable Parent to get the script to work. It seems to work well enough even with the blocker active before Meridia removes it. xD Now I can enter the new interior properly and see the new NPC there. :D

12961516_10209379633070393_6753939738743

This isn't his original position. I had him follow me so I can check his combat. And yes, he's going to be a semi-follower. :smile: Custom-voiced too, but still only about 30 lines recorded.

I have another NPC already made, but her visual isn't complete yet so I haven't taken screenshots of her. And only one dialogue recorded yet. This is going to take me a while. :3

Edited by Caerulean

Thank you very much. :) For you, here's a photo of Equinox the Auroran taking the 'arrow to the knee' tradition to a whole new level. lol

12990962_10209380174203921_3339837065954

A question for all of us though: I've kept the broken pillars inside the new interiors because I'm not sure if it's realistic enough to see pieces of architecture suddenly gone, and because I can't tell yet if the floor underneath will look normal. Should I try removing the broken pillars?