Millionth member modding competition closing date

Dark0ne

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're working on it. It's set for release in 2010.

You're going by the statement their PR guy (Pete Hines?) made around 6 months ago? He said there 'will' be another Elder Scrolls made due to the popularity of Oblivion, and that he is hoping to see it around 2010. That's nothing official at all. Besides, if it was set for a release next year, we definitely would have heard about it at E3. Instead, we've had FO4 confirmed, and for the E3 extravaganza Bethesda announced that their newest project was a new IP called Brink (I think that's the name).

If they were working on ESV, then we would have a teaser trailer for that instead of Brink. We might get a teaser trailer next year, which would mean a 2011 release, but Bethesda won't be working on FO3 DLC, FO4, Brink and a new Elder Scrolls at the same time. They tend to focus on one or two projects at a time.

/whine

Will we get to vote on the mods? I don't see a link as such. Wonder who will win :)

As far as the next ES game. I HOPE its alot like daggerfall. I'd even sacrifice that eye candy in OB for that immense size of a game. Oblivion is awesome but its eye candy. Daggerfall was enormous with sooo many more angles. I can't explain it. It just was. I have it installed on a fat 16 3 gig hd it works. In OB i can't seem to get lost in a dungeon... in daggerfall well.... The ES games have become very pampered. Maybe they are directing towards a younger crowd, I don't know. I really liked the character gen in DF, with the rolling the dice and so many more skills. It had a massive map that would take a fortnight in real time to cross. Anyways..thats what I want. And may the best man win the competition.

Edited by ricksamik

5 days past end date, Any info on when the winners will be announced, I kno people have real lives and wotnot and that the mods need to be played through etc.. before they can have an official scoring, But a little update on the progress would be nice even if it was just to say you guys are looking through them.

well that's quite irresponsible of him, he should passed have the responsibility of judging to someone else before he left

LoL, irresponsible.

Still on holiday, but since I'll need to give each mod a proper play-through atleast once, for both games, you can expect the results to take quite some time before they're published. No half measures here; people have put in the time and it's only fair that I do the same.

Patience please!

finishing exams, going on vacation, drinking port wine all day long and prolly having unsafe sex with at least three portugese ladies at once... i guess that quite the definition of irresponsibility :P

but take your time, i cant blame you for that :D