What if ESO had an offline mode?

billyro

Um no. TES is no where near the giant in gaming Star Wars is. Star Wars has an MMO, Several Lego Games, Force Unleased, Battle Front, games based on the animated clone wars show. Games on all consoles including handheld and Wii and more. And has been around much longer. TES is popular, but even in gaming it couldn't touch Star Wars.

I agree. It's worth pointing out, however, that The Old Republic alienated a lot of fans by hyping itself up as an MMO version of KOTOR, when in reality it's a lot like any other MMO but with a *slightly* greater emphasis on story. When you drive away the existing fanbase of the franchise through questionable advertising and disappointment, that doesn't leave many players.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stand alone would defeat the purpose of a MMO. If you want stand alone - then Skyrim & Oblivion is the answer. If you want to play with others, then ESO is what you want. While they are not exactly the same game, they are not mutually exclusive - you can actually play both. Depending on what you want at the time.

Never knew any of those games sold 15+ millon plus on a single game.....

Like I said in GAMING tes is more successful then star wars, star trek or lotr. especially since these are licensed games which most times suck. Only one to get critical success are star wars games... Rarely. Lotr and star trek games games have the reputation of being total crap

I got into the beta. I get the feeling the game will be good and quite popular.

Not sure what kind of sub numbers they are expecting though, the game is cool, but is it going to hold a large player base for more than a year at $15 a month. I'm actually only mildly pessimistic about it struggling with the sub model. I know I will not be subbing to it myself though, I'm not really a much of an MMO fan myself. And 15$ a month seems about $5 over priced imo.

Edited by Ghogiel

Never knew any of those games sold 15+ millon plus on a single game.....

Like I said in GAMING tes is more successful then star wars, star trek or lotr. especially since these are licensed games which most times suck. Only one to get critical success are star wars games... Rarely. Lotr and star trek games games have the reputation of being total crap

your argument is for a single game then. yes im sure Skyrim sold more copies then any single star wars game. but youre saying the franchise of TES is bigger then Star Wars and it isnt, even in gaming.

Stand alone would defeat the purpose of a MMO. If you want stand alone - then Skyrim & Oblivion is the answer. If you want to play with others, then ESO is what you want. While they are not exactly the same game, they are not mutually exclusive - you can actually play both. Depending on what you want at the time.

There is a slight problem with that though: I can't go to Morrowind and all the other provinces, and I don't have an awesome looking character creator.

my recommendation is to not buy the game at release. wait 2-3 months by this time most people would have moved on from the starting zones and spread throughout the world or off doing end game (PvE and PvP). otherwise you see 35-50 people doing the same quest during release.

There is a slight problem with that though: I can't go to Morrowind and all the other provinces, and I don't have an awesome looking character creator.

yes you do. in the single player games.

i thought the MMO was going to take place in the same world so you could go to Morrowind?

and most MMOs have extremely in depth character creators.

yes you do. in the single player games.

i thought the MMO was going to take place in the same world so you could go to Morrowind?

and most MMOs have extremely in depth character creators.

You can't go to Vvardenfell in either Skyrim or Oblivion (with the exception of Skywind), and the actual Morrowind game isn't aging very well. In ESO, you'll be able to visit all places in Tamriel, and that's probably the main reason I want it. The downside is that I don't really like MMOs.

my recommendation is to not buy the game at release. wait 2-3 months by this time most people would have moved on from the starting zones and spread throughout the world or off doing end game (PvE and PvP). otherwise you see 35-50 people doing the same quest during release.

Yep, that's what I'll do.

• 4 weeks later...